Commanders Report - Air Groups Tab Colors

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

RocketMan

Commanders Report - Air Groups Tab Colors

Post by RocketMan »

In the Commanders Report - Air Groups Tab:

1) Why are some of the Air Groups "Name" Purple and others Turquoise (blue)?

2) Why are some "Type" White and others Turquoise (blue)?

Attachments
AirGroups.jpg
AirGroups.jpg (271.65 KiB) Viewed 151 times
RocketMan

RE: Commanders Report - Air Groups Tab Colors

Post by RocketMan »

Partial answer to 1 from From the War in the West Living Manual V1.12 6/7/2019 Section 26.2.4.1: Air group units that are currently eligible and will fly Naval Patrol missions unless player action is taken will be colored turquoise (17.3.5). Air group units with their mission set to rest will be colored pink, while those with their mission set to training will be colored yellow (8.1.2).

That still doesn't answer what purple means, unless it means none of the other things listed. Plus if the air groups with the turquoise colored names are assigned a mission other than Naval Patrol, it doesn't change the color of the name of the air group.

Edit: If I turn off "Auto Patrol" all air groups turn turquoise. If I leave "Auto Patrol" turned on and set the air group to "Night Only" that specific air groups name will turn turquoise.

From the War in the West Living Manual V1.12 6/7/2019 Section 17.3.5:
First, air group units listed as naval only will automatically fly naval patrol missions from their air base unit and these groups may not be assigned to an air directive or change air HQ unit attachment. Second, air group units may fly naval patrols to an area under direction of an air directive to their Air HQ unit. Third, air group units not set to night only missions will automatically fly naval patrol if they are not assigned to any air directives and their HQ unit’s air doctrine for Auto Patrol is set to yes.

This leads me to believe that the War in the West Living Manual V1.12 6/7/2019 Section 26.2.4.1 is wrong and should read:

Air group units that are currently eligible and will fly Naval Patrol missions unless player action is taken will be colored PURPLE.

Answer to 2: The Turquoise (blue) ones can be changed by clicking on them.
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

My air groups set to Rest are Yellow, not pink.

Cary

Attachments
Screenshot..3145204.jpg
Screenshot..3145204.jpg (56.26 KiB) Viewed 151 times
RocketMan

Post by RocketMan »

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

My air groups set to Rest are Yellow, not pink.

Cary
Mine too. So the Living Manual V1.12 6/7/2019 Section 26.2.4.1 should read:
Name: Air group unit name (8.1.6). Selecting the name will bring up that air group unit’s detail window (26.3.19). There are several color codes for air group names. Air group units that are currently eligible and will fly Naval Patrol missions unless player action is taken will be colored purple (17.3.5). Air group units with their mission set to rest will be colored yellow, while those with their mission set to training will be colored pink (8.1.2).

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”