Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Micro-text top bar example

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Micro-text top bar example Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Micro-text top bar example - 8/21/2021 8:33:23 AM   
Sauron_II

Somehow, you guys fixed this in .03 beta, but hosed it in .07 beta.

Don't know how to get any more clear than the attached.

I actually work for a prominent game dev company and write software all day long. I think I know when you broke something.

Just go do a 'diff' on your source code repository between versions .03 and .07. (hope you guys tag your release branches)

EDIT:

I deleted original jpg as it was huge. Took image, scaled it down to make it easier to see, but kept everything in exactly the same proportions.

This is running on a 43" monitor at 3840 x 2160, with text scaled 200%. In .03 beta, the top bar (along with the production screen) appropriately scaled, along with the side bar. In .07 beta, the side bar still scales; however, the top bar is hosed again, along with some of the other previously fixed UIs.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sauron_II -- 8/21/2021 9:02:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Micro-text top bar example - 8/21/2021 9:33:23 PM   
Joel Billings

I assume this screenshot is from 1.01.07 showing that the top bar is not scaled, but the right bar and unit detail screen are scaled, correct? That's what I would expect in 1.01.07 and in 1.01.03. Until the programmer returns on Monday, I can't say for sure what was in 1.01.03, but we did not plan or expect that 1.01.03 had the top bar linked to the in-game scaling system. It is something the programmer is going to work on when he returns. Can you post a screenshot for 1.01.03 that shows the top bar scaled larger? Did you have one of your High DPI settings checked in a different way for the exe? We know that the 1.01.03 was not built correctly as that was the cause of the MP problem that came up in 1.01.03. But I don't know how the fact that it was built incorrectly could have scaled something that required some work to get it to scale properly. This is a mystery to me.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Sauron_II)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Micro-text top bar example Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI