Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which construction crews speed the airfield construction?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Which construction crews speed the airfield construction? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which construction crews speed the airfield construction? - 8/17/2021 5:03:47 PM   
MarkShot

Cons Bn

or

Rd Cons Bn

Thanks!

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)
Post #: 1
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/17/2021 6:50:16 PM   
freeboy

and do I assiegn them to the airbasse ? a lil lost on this one help much valued

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 2
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/17/2021 8:25:18 PM   
Darojax

Any HQ that has Construction units assigned and that is within range of the location of construction can and will send Construction units automatically there, and then return them back automatically when finished.

Ranges are (not 100% sure on the exactness, but thereabouts):

Corps - 5 hexes
Army - 15 hexes
Army Group/Front - 45 hexes
OKH/STAVKA - 90 hexes

As long as your OKH/STAVKA is within 90 hex range it may be a good practise to have a decent amount of good construction units assigned to this top HQ, that way there will always be construction units available for these types of tasks.

< Message edited by Darojax -- 8/17/2021 8:27:22 PM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/18/2021 12:08:27 AM   
MarkShot

I found locking to a Corp HQ, and moving the HQ to a new strip has it ready for flight ops in 1 week vs 2.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Darojax)
Post #: 4
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/18/2021 7:40:43 AM   
Kriegsspieler

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShot

I found locking to a Corp HQ, and moving the HQ to a new strip has it ready for flight ops in 1 week vs 2.

What a good suggestion! The Soviets are pretty short on construction units, so this really economizes on how they're used. And they certainly have no shortage of useless corps commanders.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 5
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/18/2021 2:27:31 PM   
sanch

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShot
Cons Bn

or

Rd Cons Bn

Thanks!

I wondered the same thing, so I looked at the OOB's. The OOB's were identical, so I *assume* either will be just as good. I've been assigning them to cities to fix railyards, ports and any resources that may be present.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 6
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/18/2021 9:22:26 PM   
Darojax

Just as good. It's all about the Construction value you can see in the unit detail window.

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 7
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/19/2021 2:14:42 AM   
Rosencrantus

The most construction points construction units can use is 50 though right? Or is that only for fort building?

(in reply to Darojax)
Post #: 8
RE: Which construction crews speed the airfield constru... - 8/19/2021 11:04:34 AM   
Darojax

Think this is only for fortification building.

(in reply to Rosencrantus)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Which construction crews speed the airfield construction? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI