From: Santa Rosa, CA
I've attached a hotfix here for those of you who have installed the 1.01.03 Public Beta version. This fixes the issue preventing players from accessing Multiplayer in 1.01.03 (and has several other fixes/changes). If you do not yet have 1.01.03 installed, you should first install 1.01.03 as you would any Public Beta. Once that is done, you need to unzip the hotfix exe file into your main game directory (Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2). This is version 1.01.7, so once you've done this and started the game, you should see on the lower right of the main menu:
Version Installed 1.01.03Beta
Exe File Version 1.01.07_Beta
If you do not see the correct Version Installed number, you need to retry installing 1.01.03. If you do not see the correct exe file version, then you probably have not unzipped the exe file into the correct directory. Let us know if you have any problems with this, or you see any issues with the update. We will be working on getting a new installer built in the coming days, but wanted to get this out now given the MP issue was stopping MP games.
Here's the full change list for 1.01.07 (changes since 1.01.03):
New Features and Rule Changes
• Changed rules for isolated support/multi-role units inside HQs when the HQ displaces (either through relocate order or forced displacement). Now those units will be destroyed when the HQ displaces. As with surrenders, some small amount of men and equipment can escape to the pool.
• Reduced the number of fighters that are assigned by default to air transport missions.
• Reduced by 50% the chance of pilots being killed when an operational loss is recorded.
Bug Fixes and AI Improvements
• Can’t access MP games using 1.01.03 version. Fixed.
• Multi-role units can't convert back to be on map units (no 'Convert' showing in their unit detail screen). Fixed.
• CR screen - Location/Storage tab SU column always shows 0. Fixed.
• Export ports not receiving freight. Fixed.
• Units are sometimes surrendering when they should be routing instead. Fixed. Note: You may have to go through a logistics phase for the bug to be fixed in existing games as a unit’s data may already be corrupted in a way that would force it to surrender instead of routing.
• Partisans are operating less effectively than they should in non-campaign scenarios, especially in low partisan areas. Fixed.
• Corrected spelling of High (Hight) Water Mark in Multiplayer screen.
• AI assist naval ops setting bad stage base and not including nav patrol aircraft from Romanian Air Command. Improved.
• AI – Improved Axis AI line forming just north of the Sea of Azov in 1943.
• AI – Improved Axis pull back in Baltic States.
< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 8/17/2021 3:41:39 PM >
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard