Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Damaged railyard.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Damaged railyard. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Damaged railyard. - 8/15/2021 8:06:37 AM   
Yogol

Hi, in my effort to try and understand the game better, here some questions about railyards.

1/ The manual says that size 1 railyards aid the loading and un-loading of freight.

How does that work exactly?

Assuming that there is...
- plenty of railroad capacity
- plenty of available freight
- plenty of freight demand of units served by that depot (call it Depot A)
- plenty of freight demand in depots further down the railroad line (call it Depot B))
- plenty of railroad capacity

If Depot A gradually repairs it's damaged railyard, will Depot A be able distributes more freight to the units around depot A (in other words, do broken railyards lower the freight that can be unloaded in a depot)?

If Depot A gradually repairs it's damaged railyard, will Depot B get more freight (in other words, do broken railyards among a line lower the freight that can pass through)?

2/ If a railyard needs repairs, it repairs 9 points per turn by itself, without a construction unit specifically assigned to it.

When a construction unit is assigned to it, it sometimes also repairs 9 points but often more: I had repairs of 18 points, 9, 26, 9, 26, 19, 19, 14, 24, 9, 24,... when a construction unit was specifically attached to the city.

What determines this value?

This does not seem to be related to the construction value of the construction unit (the best one had a CV of 44 and repaired 9 points, the worst one had a CV of 10 and repaired 19 points).

3/ The manual says that railyard that are greater than 1 produces 10k tons of rail capacity per turn.

But... if I press F2 it shows me a number for places that only have 1 railyard, even places with no depot at all.

What is this number? The general unused rail in the area? The unused rail in that hex?

4/ The manual states "If a railyard is damaged either due to being recently constructed or captured, then it will automatically try to assign any available construction unit to speed repairs."

I only see construction units get attached to a city if I prioritised the repair (or assigned them manually, of course). I have several cities without priority repair in my test with plenty of free constructions on OKH, but those construction units remain at OKH and are not assigned to the city, it seems.

Are construction units also assigned to non-prioritised depots? If so, are they "invisible" and not show up on the city screen?

< Message edited by Yogol -- 8/15/2021 8:08:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Damaged railyard. - 8/15/2021 9:35:11 AM   
loki100

1 - railyard size sets the capacity of any associated depot. That capacity can be used to store/unload/send out freight, so a level 1 depot can do 30k of each

2 - lack of supply can reduce the speed of repairs, same as for fortification building and/or airfields

3 - there is a thread in the War-room where this is discussed, suggest having a read of that. But a railyard of 2 or more produces 'trains', those 'trains' are what moves your units and your freight

4 - if its assigned you'll see it, note the wording 'try' not 'succeed', if its critical, pay the admin pts either for priority repair or manual allocation

(in reply to Yogol)
Post #: 2
RE: Damaged railyard. - 8/15/2021 11:21:50 AM   
Yogol

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

1 - railyard size sets the capacity of any associated depot. That capacity can be used to store/unload/send out freight, so a level 1 depot can do 30k of each

Ok, got it, thanks!
The capacity is shown like "50000 (17000)", where the first is the capacity when the railyard is fully repaired, the second is the actual one taking the damage on the railyard into account. That clears it up.

quote:

2 - lack of supply can reduce the speed of repairs, same as for fortification building and/or airfields

Ok, got it.

quote:

3 - there is a thread in the War-room where this is discussed, suggest having a read of that. But a railyard of 2 or more produces 'trains', those 'trains' are what moves your units and your freight

Ok, thanks!

quote:

4 - if its assigned you'll see it, note the wording 'try' not 'succeed', if its critical, pay the admin pts either for priority repair or manual allocation

This is... odd. Because I have plenty of construction units available and they never get assigned to non-priority cities. EVER.

I just quick retested this with a non-prioritised Pskov with two corps in it that each have two construction units and with Daugavpils that has a unit in it that is assigned to a HQ with a construction unit on it.

But no construction unit gets assigned to Pskov & Daugavpils in the four turns that I just checked (T3, 4, 5 and 6), they both get repaired at the standard 9 per turn.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Damaged railyard. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI