Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air unit readiness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Air unit readiness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air unit readiness - 8/11/2021 12:52:26 AM   
Nirosi

Hi,

Air units are supposed to lose 6% readiness during a mission (or 8% for strategic bombers) according to the manual.

However, they seem to actually lose 12% per mission (twice as much). So if you bomb twice by using both OP in a turn, you lose 24% readiness. And this is if the bombing is actually unopposed. If intercepted it seems to work normally by adding another 6% for the extra air battle.

I wonder if the code does not interpret the land units AA fire as another combat even tough it is just the opponent fire of the same mission? I hope not, that would be like losing twice as many effectiveness during land battles because the opponent's tanks dare to fire back as well...

Unless it was changed from 6% to 12% in a previous patch? I also hope not as it would be way too harsh...
Post #: 1
RE: Air unit readiness - 8/11/2021 1:04:42 AM   
Nirosi

Ok, did some more tests.

Tactical, Ground support and Strategic will all lose 12% for one single bombing mission (if unopposed by enemy fighters). Instead of losing respectively 6%, 6% and 8% as per manual.

Been in an air fight for bombers, seems to increase the readiness loss, but not always by the same amount (seen 4% and 6%). Maybe it is related to loses?

Fighters will also lose 12% if intercepting (also instead of the 6% mentioned in the manual).

Movement by air and rail means losing 8% and 15% respectively, working correctly as per the manual.

< Message edited by Nirosi -- 8/11/2021 1:05:37 AM >

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 2
RE: Air unit readiness - 8/11/2021 1:37:05 AM   
sveint

Even worse is air unit recovery if they have port supply. I have no idea how it works, I just know that for air units I have to fly them to a main supply source every so often.

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 3
RE: Air unit readiness - 8/11/2021 2:02:37 PM   
stjeand

The last time I used strategic bombers they seems to lose efficiency based upon range.

NOW I have not used one in the latest patch but in the past...when I would bomb a location with no AA twice I would be around 50% efficiency after starting at 100%.

I wonder if like land units they lose efficiency to mitigate damage so they are losing more than the manual says.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 4
RE: Air unit readiness - 8/11/2021 10:17:29 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Sometimes losses get translated into effectiveness loss instead depending on their defense.

Damaged but not destroyed air craft.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 5
RE: Air unit readiness - 8/11/2021 10:21:06 PM   
Nirosi

Thanks Alvaro,

However, 12% for a bombing mission seems to be the minimum even without any resistance.

So is it a bug because it should be 6%, or is the manual wrong by stating 6% and it actually really is 12%?

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Air unit readiness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI