Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German Ftrs can't Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> German Ftrs can't Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German Ftrs can't Update - 8/10/2021 9:26:00 PM   
DarenMoss

There seems to be a problem with the ME-109 upgrade path in the latest beta. It is turn 8 and I'm running out of ME-109F2 and Me-109E-7 FBs. There is a pool of ME-109F4s building up in production but despite being on auto update my JGs aren't updating (whether in the reserve or on the map). Trying to do a manual update likewise doesn't work as the Me-109F4 doesn't appear on the list of aircraft to choose (PSA). Jumping ahead a few turns makes no difference by Turn 11 there is a large pool of F4s but still no opportunity to upgrade - even for bases resting a long way behind the front lines.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DarenMoss -- 8/10/2021 9:47:52 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: German Ftrs can't Update - 8/11/2021 5:57:46 AM   
Denniss

There's a 1 month delay for new a/c types

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 2
RE: German Ftrs can't Update - 8/11/2021 1:19:34 PM   
DarenMoss

Denniss, Thank you. One turn I can live with but by turn 11 my on-map Sqns in AGN are down to 6-10 Ftrs each and there are 200+ Me-109F4s in the pool, but still no auto upgrade or option to manually select them.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 3
RE: German Ftrs can't Update - 8/11/2021 1:44:27 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarenMoss

Denniss, Thank you. One turn I can live with but by turn 11 my on-map Sqns in AGN are down to 6-10 Ftrs each and there are 200+ Me-109F4s in the pool, but still no auto upgrade or option to manually select them.

As Denniss says, this is WAD, see the rules below.

More general pt, you shouldn't be this short given that the LW should be winning most encounters with ease.

I'm on T7 of a vs AI game (& not really fussing over the details of the air war) and have 592 F-2 and 107 E-7 (this is purely the on map deployment), so it may be worth reviewing how you are using your fighters.

In the main don't use drop tanks (=more mileage = ops losses), rest when fatigued or low morale, don't commit too much

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 4
RE: German Ftrs can't Update - 8/27/2021 4:31:01 PM   
DarenMoss

Loki, Thank you for your response. Apologies for the delay the system imposed a 7 day wait before I could respond. I'm actually pretty comfortable with how I am using the LW until now as I have been playing an aggressive approach as the German. I'm at the gates of Leningrad, Odessa has fallen and the Wehrmacht is taking a break to recuperate before pressing onwards. I have inflicted 1.7M Sov casualties against 224K Axis ones and 12,700 ac casualties on the Sovs against only 1,098 for the LW so the loss rate is not only massively in my favour but I'm actually increasing the LW/Sov ratio in my favour as well so the LW is 'winning'. Whilst I 'only' have 378 F-2 and 96 E-7s online, I also have ~200 in need of repair as advancing quickly means repairs are slower, the Sovs have virtually no Ftrs by the middle of each turn as their loss rates have been so high.

I have been using an approach similar to that you suggest - balancing the use of drop tanks, resting JG etc and unit fatigue and morale are both 'low' and 'sky high' in fact the high experience rates means I typically inflict 7-10:1 casualties on the Sovs. The problem is mainly the high operational loss rate and that the that the pool of replacements is empty so the sudden loss of replacement Ftrs for the LW due to the 'upgrade' to the F4 will let the Sovs recover whereas in reality the Germans kept a smooth flow of ac going. Hopefully the new 1.07 Beta will fix that.

As an aside, the date for the F4 update in the game is itself is another issue. According to LW archives the first F4s were produced in May 41 (not Aug) and several Staffel and JG had mixed F2/F4 inventories at the start of Barbarossa. More importantly, uniquely, the Germans produced several field kits to upgrade F2s to F4s to keep Ftr strength up and standardise on the F4 without ac rotating back to factories in Germany for upgrade/repair which was the usual German practice. A compelling argument could be made for the F2/F4 update to be an exception to the usual rule as the Germans made special efforts to keep Ftrs flowing at the start of Barbarossa and, as an exception to later practice, production lines switched serially with F2s/F4s being in production alongside each other in factories whereas the normal practice was to update production lines to the new model which would indeed result in an approximation of rule 28.4.2. However, that is a separate issue. A further separate issue is how many ME-109 pilots are being captured during battles - especially when the hex is won by the Germans and the LW have been intercepting Sov ac providing ground support.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> German Ftrs can't Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI