Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rail Repair

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Rail Repair Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rail Repair - 8/8/2021 2:59:23 PM   
DarenMoss

Hi all,

This looks like a bug to me. I'm trying to get the level 2 Railyard at Chernovtsy added to my rail capacity and have placed a rail repair unit with a Corps HQ to enable this - I'm thinking all rail repairs will be within 5 hexes of a corps and hence more chance of getting the hex I'm aiming for fixed. However, the rail repair unit has now ignored the railyard for 3 turns and instead repaired hexes that will have no beneficial effect at all instead of adding the railyard to my rail network which will have a huge effect to my carrying capacity. Surely there should be some rule that prioritises the ability to repair/add capacity in the rail repair algorithm. I have a similar issue in AGN where the rail repair units allocated to 18th Army are ignoring the repaired ports of Tallinn and Parnu thereby really limiting the ability to move supplies from these ports to rail depots.

I'm running the latest beta by the way and can provide a save if required.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DarenMoss -- 8/8/2021 3:00:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Rail Repair - 8/9/2021 5:16:13 AM   
Joel Billings

The independent rail repair units will focus on repairing rail hexes, but you can't count on them to repair any specific rail hex. They are there to fill in some additional hexes. The FBD units are for your focused repairs. Repairing railyards is something that any construction unit can theoretically do, IIRC. You could set priority repairs on the railyard or you could attach a construction unit to the city, and these might help with the repair of the railyard.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 2
RE: Rail Repair - 8/10/2021 9:13:00 PM   
DarenMoss

Thanks Joel, I thought there was a priority system in place as they do things like dual-track railways ahead of single track so seemed odd that they don't prioritise railyards ahead of everything else. To be clear, does repairing the railyard (or port) with a construction unit also fix the railway itself?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Rail Repair - 8/11/2021 12:34:40 PM   
xhoel

@DarenMoss: Repairing the rail hex does not mean that the railyard is repaired. Same goes the other way around. These are 2 separate things.

What you need to do is learn to trick the AI into fixing the hexes you want. So in the example you provided, instead of positioning the HQ where it currently is, you should move it south, close to Suceava, so the only hex that is eligible for repair is Chernovtsy.

You can do this in other situations too. The trick is to have as few eligible hexes in range as possible, to lower the chance of the AI picking the wrong hex. I usually will put HQs at their maximum range in order to do that. So Corps HQs would be 5 hexes away from the hex i want repaired. Hope this helps!

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 4
RE: Rail Repair - 8/11/2021 1:16:41 PM   
DarenMoss

Xhoel, it does indeed. Thank you.

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Rail Repair Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI