Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a way to turn off AI Germany declaring war on Belgium?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Is there a way to turn off AI Germany declaring war on Belgium? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a way to turn off AI Germany declaring war on ... - 8/6/2021 12:29:14 PM   
ulver

I would quite enjoy playing an AI Central powers doing a Russia first strategy so a “don’t attack Belgium until after the fall of Russia” options would be nice for AI behavior
Post #: 1
RE: Is there a way to turn off AI Germany declaring war... - 8/8/2021 6:55:55 PM   
BillRunacre

You will have to modify the campaign by turning off or removing the AI OFFENSIVE script entitled #NAME= Germany - Aachen -> Liege (DoW)

To turn it off, change #FLAG= 1 to #FLAG= 0

Then make sure you Update the Events, do File -> Save As, give the campaign a new name and you'll be ready to go.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there a way to turn off AI Germany declaring war... - 8/9/2021 2:27:31 AM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Ulver,

As Bill mentioned, editing and creating your own customized campaigns is a great way to take advantage of what the overall system has to offer.

If on the other hand, you just want to quickly experiment with the AI plans here, another way to achieve the same result is to turn off this event in game. However you'd have to turn it off each time you start a fresh campaign, so if you want it to be a permanent mod/change then Bill's suggestion is the way to go.

To turn it off in game without creating a mod, simply go to OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS->EDIT AI SCRIPTS and then select the OFFENSIVE category and disable the AI plan as Bill mentioned above, e.g:

#NAME= Germany - Aachen -> Liege (DoW)

This just needs to be done the first time the OPTIONS screen shows, after you select your campaign, to ensure the AI will not engage in this plan right from the get go.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Is there a way to turn off AI Germany declaring war on Belgium? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI