Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Model variant names

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Model variant names Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Model variant names - 8/2/2021 10:24:29 AM   
Chase22

A small suggestion that imo could make the model system easier to organize:

Currently a Model gets a random name. Every successive model gets Model Name {Number}. I found myself building variants of the same model using the successor system. For example i have 2 Light Bombers, named Wasp and Wasp II by the game. The only difference between the aircrafts is that one is armed with Bombs and the other with Precision Bombs. Now it's hard to keep track of which Aircraft now has which bomb attached.

Instead of chaning the model naming system i would add a new "Variant name", like a nickname for the given model type. Instad of "Wasp II" it would then be for example "Wasp II - AT", where AT is the variant name. A third model in the series would then just be called "Wasp III", the Variant Names only ever apply to that specific model
Post #: 1
RE: Model variant names - 8/2/2021 5:52:26 PM   
postfux

Its not only a naming issue. You cannot build upon your Wasp model only on your Wasp II. Therefore you can only improve the Wasp II variant. Experience on Wasp is wasted.

If you want an improved variant of your Wasp you have to redesign your Wasp II into Wasp III. Wasp II has to stay in service until you build upon Wasp III to get a succesor for Wasp II. At some point you will design a "new model" because the cost of improving gets higher each time. The "new model" will essentially be your old Wasp with new design rolls and a new name (you can perhaps rename it to Wasp).

Having different variants of the same plane (or tank) isnt really in the game right now but would be a great feature.

(in reply to Chase22)
Post #: 2
RE: Model variant names - 8/2/2021 8:14:29 PM   
Chase22

Having the choice between a new model and a new variant would be great. A new variant does not get any technology boosts and will keep the same design stats as the base, but will allow for all parameters (engine, weapon armor etc.) to be changed. If you want to apply technology boosts or improve the base design stats, you have to make a new model

(in reply to postfux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Model variant names Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI