Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Display

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Map Display Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Display - 7/29/2021 4:09:07 PM   
1nutworld

I've been playing around with radar's - detection ranges, "stealth" AC, SAM's and other things, and one of the things I have noticed is that when you have a unit selected, the map display gives the player information such as

Side

Course

Speed

all can be important information to have, but when trying to calculate things like detection ranges, and trying to plan attacks on units while "hiding" from radars and such, wouldn't having a unit's altitude (even if on the ground) displayed be something that would be helpful?

For example if I'm planning an ARM mission, knowing that the radar I wish to target is on a hill at 400 feet as opposed to being at "sea level" might allow me to plan out my attack mission better by making use of the ability to hide behind terrain and of course using the earth's curvature, to avoid detection as long as possible.

Could the target's elevation be listed as well as "side, course, and speed" ?

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.
Post #: 1
RE: Map Display - 7/29/2021 6:04:26 PM   
KLAB

You can but ask for new features etc.... https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794
In the right forum more people and the devs may pick up on it sooner ànd it won't get missed as a request?
Cheers
K

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1nutworld

I've been playing around with radar's - detection ranges, "stealth" AC, SAM's and other things, and one of the things I have noticed is that when you have a unit selected, the map display gives the player information such as

Side

Course

Speed

all can be important information to have, but when trying to calculate things like detection ranges, and trying to plan attacks on units while "hiding" from radars and such, wouldn't having a unit's altitude (even if on the ground) displayed be something that would be helpful?

For example if I'm planning an ARM mission, knowing that the radar I wish to target is on a hill at 400 feet as opposed to being at "sea level" might allow me to plan out my attack mission better by making use of the ability to hide behind terrain and of course using the earth's curvature, to avoid detection as long as possible.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 2
RE: Map Display - 7/29/2021 9:23:59 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

Altitude\elevation used to be on unit panel for facilities, was very useful for just this sort of thing, it got removed at some point, probably cause someone thought or complained that "facilities" don't need altitude, like you, I beg to differ.

(in reply to KLAB)
Post #: 3
RE: Map Display - 7/29/2021 9:27:17 PM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

quote:

Altitude\elevation used to be on unit panel for facilities, was very useful for just this sort of thing, it got removed at some point, probably cause someone thought or complained that "facilities" don't need altitude, like you, I beg to differ.

I didn't realize it was there previously, but I guess that shows how much attention I was paying.

NO WONDER I've always gotten my ass kicked. It's beginning to make sense.

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Map Display Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI