Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/28/2021 6:45:58 PM   
Kosi

Hello there!
I made a thread on the steam forums but thought it best to post here as well.
The very first Air Warfare Tutorial (Flight Tutorial 1 - Basic Manual Flight) seems to have huge issues with the maps.
Aside from that I have consistent issues getting my map to load correctly to the detail level it should. Depending on how fast I zoom in it does not load or loads only chunks. Sometimes it loads the wrong detail level (a worse one). This is very finicky and annoying to deal with.

Quick Battle does not work as far as I can tell. I get an error message which seems to be about the time of day? (maybe a syslanguage issue?)
>LINK<
Link to an album which hopefully illustrates what I mean. (it was taken with Sentinel - 2, Stamen - Roads + Cities. One picture was taken without sentinel to show how detailed stamen can be)

Watch for the detail level on the airport and you can see how sometimes it has roads, sometimes not. other times whole chunks are not loaded.

EDIT:
I would love to post an imgur album about the screenshots and a TLDR of my dxdiag. but I can't post links/emails or some such....
for now: imgurcode is a/Ax0QDJU
system is pretty new. Only thing I can think of may be the language settings. I live in Germany but use English system settings. so , and . may be an issue.

< Message edited by Kosi -- 7/28/2021 6:48:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/28/2021 7:21:09 PM   
stww2

IIRC Matrix forum rules are that you can post links and upload files seven days after your 10th post

(in reply to Kosi)
Post #: 2
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/29/2021 2:09:29 PM   
ultradave

I looked at your images. For the detail level, most of mine load reasonably well. The two variables I've found that will greatly affect it are 1) internet speed and 2) whether my laptop is plugged in or running on battery.

1) My internet speed is pretty consistent at 100Mb/s and I get pretty good loading zooming in and out. And then once you've done it at that location it gets better as it's reloading downloaded local files I believe. I've noticed it being quite slow to update maps when I've been on travel, and using hotel internet, and in those cases I just turn off the Stamen layer and it's fine.

2) I almost always play CMO with my laptop plugged in because on battery (lower power mode), it just doesn't perform well. Obviously if you aren't on a laptop this doesn't apply.

Just a couple of thoughts. If those are things you've already checked, apologies for pointing out the obvious.

As to the quick battle problem, you might have something there with the language mismatch, since it's flagging a number. I tried the exact setup in your picture and it starts right up with my group of F-4s over the middle of the North Sea. Tried a few others with no issues either. (I'm in the US).

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 3
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/29/2021 2:42:45 PM   
thewood1

I have two laptops I play CMO on regularly. An i7 Surface Book with a GFX 1660 and an i9 (desktop chip) with a 2080 Super. All have SSDs and a Gb network. But what I found is the less powerful Book actually loads the overlays faster, if pugged in highest power settings. The SSD and bus are super fast and allow fast loading of the overlays. On the other hand, the i9 laptops but and SSD connection are slower and there is noticeable lag in loading the overlays as you pan around. Doesn't help you directly, but gives you a little bit of a benchmark.

PS: Network speeds is also a big factor when first loading the overlays.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 4
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/29/2021 2:48:59 PM   
Kosi

thanks for the responses!
those are things I already thought of since on my surface search I came upon those.
I have a 500MB/s internet service which is very consistent (I am near a cluster I guess yay!).
Game is on a pretty new SSD so hopefully that should not be the issue too. I am not using a Laptop but a desktop pc. My power settings are set to maximum (which also goes for hdd - no sleeping allowed).

The quick battle image is just to show the error I get. I get it disregarding of settings it just depends on time of day it seems.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/29/2021 6:17:09 PM   
p1t1o

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kosi

thanks for the responses!
those are things I already thought of since on my surface search I came upon those.
I have a 500MB/s internet service which is very consistent (I am near a cluster I guess yay!).
Game is on a pretty new SSD so hopefully that should not be the issue too. I am not using a Laptop but a desktop pc. My power settings are set to maximum (which also goes for hdd - no sleeping allowed).

The quick battle image is just to show the error I get. I get it disregarding of settings it just depends on time of day it seems.

I dont know how likely it is to be a factor - but the CMOS battery on my motherboard is running out (and its a b**** to reach, will someday be forced to partially disassemble my computer to replace it) which is making the internal clock lose time intermittently. This causes some unusual problems (not least the randomised ordering of savegames that have certain timestamps) and HAS been the root of at least one confusingly-hard-to-diagnose problem with another game (broke DRM in DCS). It also causes some websites not to load properly, which could plausibly interfere with CMOs download ability. For me, syncing the clock (via windows options) temporarily removes the issue.

Might be worth just a quick check - I have suspected that it has caused some crashes with CMO, but its hard to investigate.

< Message edited by p1t1o -- 7/29/2021 6:20:20 PM >

(in reply to Kosi)
Post #: 6
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/29/2021 6:45:41 PM   
Kosi

thanks. I haven't noticed any weird issues of the sort lately. I will keep it in mind.
Only weird issue I had a LONG time tracking down was buried in power settings -> hdd can be set to sleep. which used to crash games/software or sometimes even bluescreen. I thought it was a faulty RAM but eventually landed there.

(in reply to p1t1o)
Post #: 7
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 7/30/2021 2:58:51 AM   
boogabooga

Which Quick Battle did not work?

The ones that I wrote have a known issue in Windows regional settings other than English (United States).

I posted a fix (I think) in the relevant forum.

(in reply to Kosi)
Post #: 8
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 8/3/2021 8:12:50 AM   
tiag

Maps load very slow, that is a fact.
Just to give some parameters:
I have a 400Mb/s cnx, can stream in 4 different PC, Laptop and TV 4K videos simultaneously, but cannot donwload fast enough those maps even when CMO is the only app using my BW. My both PCs run on SSDs, both with 32GB RAM, i9, RTX 2080TI and 3090, in both downloads are too slow in CMO compared to other apps/simulations.

I cannot understand why my PC/CnX can handlle MSFS, DCS and BMS at max resolution and detail, but I cannot simply download those maps fast enough when I zoom in/out at different areas. Even google earth/maps are an order of magnitude faster than CMO in this regard.

Why are these maps not installed with CMO directly on my SSDs?

< Message edited by tiag -- 8/3/2021 8:32:56 AM >

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 9
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 8/3/2021 8:15:16 AM   
tiag

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

... On the other hand, the i9 laptops but and SSD connection are slower and there is noticeable lag in loading the overlays as you pan around. Doesn't help you directly, but gives you a little bit of a benchmark.

So, this confirms that CMO is bugged in this regard. It does not perform well in high-end machines?!

< Message edited by tiag -- 8/3/2021 8:33:27 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 10
RE: Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials - 8/3/2021 3:45:53 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

Why are these maps not installed with CMO directly on my SSDs?

Cause in total they're big, not just in size, but in sheer number, last time I looked, and it's been awhile there was something like 400k files in my /WW/cache folders, that a hell of a long install time. I'm definitely one who very much wants to grab the file to precached them and have for offline play, been asking about since before release, but definitely understand why it's not something in the Standard Installer. ;)

Some time ago the status on getting access to the filesets we could grab for that purpose was "we're working on it.", which was a upgrade from "we hear you" so to speak.

It's painful, but when you have a spare hour pic a overlay type, and a zoom level and slow scan the world,pausing a good 10 seconds in each spot, then rinse and repeat at the next level down, and so and so forth till you've grabbed most of it all to disk cache. Tip when doing this, when you see CMO accumulate to about 2gb of ram_ while doing this over a period of time, consider restarting. First thing I do in playing scene in a geographical area I don't often hang around in at lower zoom levels, make sure I've pre-cached the area. Pretty sure I have the world at every zoom level in relief and BMNG now, the others far less so, I actually have command blocked from internet so it's easy for me to notice when I'm hitting an area I don't yet have on disk. Now that will not solve all the 'laggy' loading issues that people report, bit will at least slowly illuminate the downloading aspect from it.

(in reply to tiag)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Buggy Maps, Quick Battle, Tutorials Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI