Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UNREP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> UNREP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UNREP - 7/28/2021 12:07:30 AM   
tmoilanen

Is there a way to tell what is in the queue for Replenishing? In the attached save file my DDG has been hanging onto the AKE for several hours with "40 items to go" to complete the UNREP, and nothing new has been transferred.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: UNREP - 7/28/2021 12:09:08 AM   
tmoilanen

Here is the screen capture.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tmoilanen)
Post #: 2
RE: UNREP - 7/28/2021 5:09:44 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

Is there a way to tell what is in the queue for Replenishing?
---
Not in a simple way no.

quote:

In the attached save file my DDG has been hanging onto the AKE for several hours with "40 items to go" to complete the UNREP, and nothing new has been transferred.

To id the issue here we need to layout the situation first.
The DDG has a "Mk36 SRBOC mag" (magid 408), this mag has a max capacity of 120 (you can figure this out but it's not displayed).
The "Mk36 SRBOC" mag had 3 weapon records each with their own max capacities for the records.
- 96/120 Mk214
- 24/120 Mk245
- 00/120 Mk216

Now on to the Lewis and Clark:
It has the following mag besides it's munition non \ae-aoe-ake-munition mag that matters.
Name: Mk53 Nulka Mod 4 Capacity: 96 (not that it matters) DBID: 75
- 64/80 Mk214
- 16/16 Mk234
- 16/80 Mk245
- 00/80 Mk216

What we have here is a situation where the logic being applied says hey there are mk245, and mk214's available on the Lewis and Clark, there are MAG weapon records on the DDG that supposedly have room for more! Go move them up to the capacity of those weapon records. So it proceeds to try to move 16 Mk245's left from the L&C to the DDG, and 24 Mk214's of the 64 available from the L&C to the DDG (24 would fill the current 96/120). This accounts for the 40 pending.

Those attempt at transferring correctly fail because the MAG capacity on the DDG has reached it's cap. The logic is I presume is not checking for the weapon records parent mag's capacity being reached, or it is but is otherwise making it seem like there is room when there i not, and so this just endlessly loops.

Now you can stop this loop by removing 16 mk245's and the 64 mk214's on the L&C, but it's not a real solution.
Alternatively you can remove 16 mk245 and 64mk 214' on the DDG, but it's not a real solution.
You can add to the problem by adding for example some mk216's on the L&C just to see the number go up demonstrating problem.

TLDR: Looks like you found a bug in UNREP that destination mag capacity it's not being accounted for or if it is it isn't in this case. Excellent find and something I've seen before but never bothered investigating and just manually stopped the unrep after I had what I needed on the unit replenishing.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 7/28/2021 5:22:42 AM >

(in reply to tmoilanen)
Post #: 3
RE: UNREP - 7/29/2021 2:27:56 PM   
michaelm75au

Yes, it should be disconnecting once the magazine is full even if it thinks there may be more items to replenish. The item count is based on the possible items that could be transferred, not necessarily the actual items that are.

Will take a look.

Michael

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> UNREP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI