Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sgementation violation - FAILED (draw_convoy_paths_on_map_surface)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Sgementation violation - FAILED (draw_convoy_paths_on_map_surface) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sgementation violation - FAILED (draw_convoy_paths_on_m... - 7/27/2021 12:22:55 AM   
Elessar2

Score: 0
For my Pacific Scenario, I've been trying to reverse engineer various scripts based on how they look in other (default) scenarios. The error (ctd) only occurs after I hit the end turn button (on the Axis turn); narrowed the problem down to any or all of the convoys going to the UK.

But my UK is a small isolated snippet of SE England in the extreme NE corner of the map (in Canada), due to space limitations. I noticed that (in the Euro vanilla scenarios) they have "split" convoys for both Saudi Arabia as well as Egypt & some other countries (convoy leaves the map on one mapside hex then reappears in the Atlantic).

After beating my head against the wall trying to track the problem down, after deleting all of the UK-bound convoys the error disappeared. I then wondered if the issue is that the exit and entry hexes in the vanillas have the same Y value, while in mine they do not (mine all exit the W side of the map, west of India, and re-enter east of England on the E side of the map), or if the error is due to some other (unknown) issue or bug.

TIA.

[For those whop have been waiting for this scenario-once I squash this issue I'll be doing my final playtest before I release my first public beta]

< Message edited by Elessar2 -- 7/27/2021 12:26:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sgementation violation - FAILED (draw_convoy_paths_... - 7/27/2021 3:36:40 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Elessar2,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and the only way for me to really know what might be happening would be to have a copy of your customized campaign, the scripts, and a saved turn where the error is repeatable. This would help me see the exact issue in the code when it crashes as I run it through my development environment.

Please send to support@furysoftware.com and you can use WeTransfer if this helps to send the larger files.

Hubert

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 2
RE: Sgementation violation - FAILED (draw_convoy_paths_... - 7/27/2021 3:50:17 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
I just ran a quick test and having a split convoy, going east west or west east, along the vertical map edges at any y position (even if different) seems to work on my end. Likely you've discovered some other rare issue that I'd be happy to trace with the right files and correct for the next update.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Sgementation violation - FAILED (draw_convoy_paths_... - 7/27/2021 6:11:05 PM   
Elessar2

Score: 0
Okeley dokely. The other possible issue is the convoy trying to route through either a small (sea) island which might be controlled by another power (or by the dreaded "neutral" country). I went through and thought I rerouted everything to avoid such issues, but I might have missed some.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Sgementation violation - FAILED (draw_convoy_paths_on_map_surface) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI