Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leningrad Supply Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Leningrad Supply Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leningrad Supply Issue - 7/26/2021 1:47:18 PM   
Q-Ball

This is server game vs. Road Warrior....Leningrad has been cut-off for 3 or 4 turns now, and I cannot get any supplies to Ostinovets at all.

Ostinovets is set to 4 priority. The ports on the other side are set to 3, but they are receiving no supply deliveries at all, which is probably part of the problem. I tried setting one of them to 4 breifly (not knowing if supply would then flow to Ostinovets or they would horde it), but that didn't work either. I just can't get any supply to those ports on Ladoga, not one crate.

Not sure if others are seeing this, or perhaps there is a special sauce to get supplies to Leningrad that I am not aware of?

Please let me know.....

Post #: 1
RE: Leningrad Supply Issue - 7/26/2021 1:56:12 PM   
loki100

Have a look at the rail links and depots stretching back to Moscow. Even with the dual track available this is not an easy sector to supply and if you lose it then you can have real problems.

I've not got the game open but I don't think there any level 2 railyards west of Cherepovets etc?

I'm sure you are doing all this, but things I'd check for.

a) relative priorities out of Moscow, you need to weight this so the Moscow NSS sends stuff north not west or south. If you have an NKPS that can solve this balancing, in the lack of one you really need to look at relative depot weights.

b) that is not made easier as the ports will only take from level 2 depots (remember that depots will only send to higher priority depots so 4-4 will not happen)

c), make sure the cluster of larger railyards N of Moscow are at #2 with depots

d) dump in intermediate #2 depots along both single track rails - you are basically trying to lure freight in this direction

e) make sure you don't have a lot of planes on this sector but setting up a transport hub in the Cherepovets area can pay off, at least you can dump freight around Tikhvin.

f) check those lines for their rail usage, does it ever go out of the green zone? If so where, thats a good spot for a holding depot.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 2
RE: Leningrad Supply Issue - 7/26/2021 2:02:50 PM   
Q-Ball

Good advice! Too late for me, but other players write this down in case Leningrad is cut-off or in danger of it. I did have a stockpile in the city itself, but that doesn't last long!!!!

Leningrad is doomed in my game, but that will make the Soviet comeback that much more glorious (and overall I am doing well in some other sectors)

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Leningrad Supply Issue - 7/26/2021 7:31:10 PM   
carlkay58

Another thing to check is that Ostinovets is set for IMPORT PORT while the others are set to EXPORT PORTs. This could be you whole problem because if they are not set up properly there will be no demand generated and thus no freight requested or shipped.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 4
RE: Leningrad Supply Issue - 7/26/2021 8:06:22 PM   
Joel Billings

If those ports are set to export, and if they have a rail link, they should be getting a delivery of some kind from an NSS. If they aren't, I'd be interested in getting a save just before the Soviet logistics phase so we can see why they aren't getting freight.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 5
RE: Leningrad Supply Issue - 7/26/2021 9:30:17 PM   
Speedysteve

I can definitely affirm that if all the depots are set correctly in terms of location, type and priority Osinovets should definitely get supply. Depends on the supply priority of your units and overall game status of course but in my game with Loki I’ve no problem getting 3-5k a day to Osinovets which is a comfortable amount to keep things going there whilst I plan for new monuments in Tiergarten, Berlin…

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: Leningrad Supply Issue - 7/27/2021 3:29:46 AM   
56ajax

and dont use AI Depot Management; it sets Leningrad priority to 1.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Leningrad Supply Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI