Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mk48 torpedo vs tanker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mk48 torpedo vs tanker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mk48 torpedo vs tanker - 7/24/2021 12:29:49 AM   
Tycho

Disclaimer, I know little to nothing about modern weapons (lots about WW2 stuff...) so part of the fun is just digging through the DB.

One of the easy-rated scenarios from the Steam Workshop (688 Attack Sub 4, Mumar Cadaver 1989) has a US sub attacking a (poorly defended) tanker convoy. With the weapons at hand (there are a couple Tomahawks, not enough to make much difference) it looks like I need 13 torpedoes (3440 damage on the tanker vs 270/hit) to sink a tanker. Is that correct? In the scenario 4-5 hits will make one dead in the water but you only get VPs for sunk ships (and the VC imply you should get 3-4 of them). I'm confused...
Thanks,
Tycho
Post #: 1
RE: Mk48 torpedo vs tanker - 7/24/2021 12:49:16 AM   
thewood1

This was discussed just a month ago. There are a number of accounts in the Gulf of large container ships and super tankers taking big hits and just steaming through it.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to Tycho)
Post #: 2
RE: Mk48 torpedo vs tanker - 7/24/2021 12:52:00 AM   
thewood1

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5019763

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Mk48 torpedo vs tanker - 7/24/2021 2:48:52 AM   
Tycho

Thank you for the link! That's really interesting. I knew tankers were big, just not *that* big.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mk48 torpedo vs tanker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI