Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

converting Multi-use units, what am I doing wrong?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> converting Multi-use units, what am I doing wrong? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
converting Multi-use units, what am I doing wrong? - 7/21/2021 8:54:34 PM   
Seminole

In the Operation Typhoon scenario I note that the Moscow M.D. has over half a dozen tank brigades. Desperate for on map counters I want to get these fellows into the field.
I moved STAVKA so there are only two units stacked in the hex.
I don't see the option to convert the brigade to on map.

I can transfer it back to Reserve, and from the rules when transferred from Reserve to the Map it will appear on the map, but that is a needless back and forth that will waste several weeks.

What am I missing?
Post #: 1
RE: converting Multi-use units, what am I doing wrong? - 7/21/2021 9:38:23 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

In the Operation Typhoon scenario I note that the Moscow M.D. has over half a dozen tank brigades. Desperate for on map counters I want to get these fellows into the field.
I moved STAVKA so there are only two units stacked in the hex.
I don't see the option to convert the brigade to on map.

I can transfer it back to Reserve, and from the rules when transferred from Reserve to the Map it will appear on the map, but that is a needless back and forth that will waste several weeks.

What am I missing?

thats because tank brigades are not multi-use units but support units - see the notes in section 30.1

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 2
RE: converting Multi-use units, what am I doing wrong? - 7/21/2021 11:07:40 PM   
Q-Ball

One of the biggest changes from WITE 1.....Tank Brigades are not on-map units. They are always support units.

I think it benefits the Soviets in the long-run, as you can attach them like crazy to Corps

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: converting Multi-use units, what am I doing wrong? - 7/21/2021 11:22:52 PM   
Seminole

I realized the brigades could now be attached to the corps, but didn't read the notes section about tank brigades. Thanks for the reference, Loki.

Seeing Soviet regiments on the map in this scenario didn't make the change regarding brigades an intuitive one.

What's the best way for me to know which units are genuinely multi-role for each side?

Edited to add: Just realized I can filter to show only multi-role units in the Unit tab of the CR.

Really appreciate the interface changes.

Still need to learn a lot of the fastest ways to do things.

< Message edited by Seminole -- 7/21/2021 11:25:48 PM >

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> converting Multi-use units, what am I doing wrong? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI