Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Small request for early production (or land unit arrival)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Small request for early production (or land unit arrival) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Small request for early production (or land unit arrival) - 7/21/2021 2:29:26 PM   
Nirosi

Hi Alvaro,

Here is a small request (from a role-player wargamer perspective). With the new garrisoning rule, it is not possible anymore I believe (unless I am missing something) to have the historical (I assume) May 1940 German OOB that we see in the 1940 scenario.

Just to make sure, I am not posting that with the idea of what is necessary or not against France (after tinkering with production I think Germany will have enough forces anyway). It is just that the same way a wargame should not force players to have the same OOB as history, it should still allow them to build one if they so whish for whatever reasons they have.

And right not is not possible because the 4th panzer will arrive for the first turn of May and therefore not be available for that turn unlike in the 1940 scenario. So, I wonder if early PPs could simply be relocated or moved around slightly to allow for a turn earlier arrival for that fourth panzer for players that still want the historical OOB.

Or another possibility could be to let arriving land units act normally. Right now, they can have their full turn only if they rail or go into garrison, but they can not move/attack or embark on ships. And strangely, IIRC, air and sea units are fully operational the first turn.

Thanks,

PS: By +2 AT on garrisons, I guess you mean +2 Guns? The AT specialization shows-up on the unit’s display box with an extra 3 guns, but it seems that when garrisoning, this +2 does not show on the unit’s stats.

< Message edited by Nirosi -- 7/21/2021 2:34:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Small request for early production (or land unit ar... - 7/21/2021 5:41:02 PM   
ncc1701e

Well, an historical OOB is not three Panzer corps and one Mechanized corps?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_battle_for_the_Battle_of_France#Axis

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 2
RE: Small request for early production (or land unit ar... - 7/21/2021 5:43:56 PM   
AlvaroSousa

The stats in details are just the raw stats of the units. The value at the bottom of the main display are what count with the added gun bonus. And I meant guns not AT.

And yes you can have 4 armor and 2 mech arrive my the time you have to invade France. I just did it.
Build 2 armor 1st, then build 2 mech and you have 4 armor and 2 mech just like 1940 scenario.
You can even build a 3rd mech before May.

I will note the Germans had 300 less tanks going into France than they did Poland. Of course then there is the discrepancy of what counted as a tank since the Pz I had a machine gun and the Pz II has a small cannon. The Germans were short on Pz IIIs and Pz IVs at that time.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 3
RE: Small request for early production (or land unit ar... - 7/21/2021 6:06:46 PM   
Nirosi

quote:

And yes you can have 4 armor and 2 mech arrive my the time you have to invade France. I just did it.

Thanks Alvarao,

But would not the 2nd built armor arrive the same turn as the Battle for France start and therefore not be available that turn (unlike the 1940 scenario where it is)?

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 4
RE: Small request for early production (or land unit ar... - 7/21/2021 8:26:02 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Nope. The latest all 6 arrive is April 16th 1940

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 5
RE: Small request for early production (or land unit ar... - 7/21/2021 9:08:50 PM   
Nirosi

quote:

Nope. The latest all 6 arrive is April 16th 1940

Hum.... I then missed something. Back to drawing board!

Thanks!

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 6
RE: Small request for early production (or land unit ar... - 7/21/2021 10:01:56 PM   
sveint

Build some stukas instead, just saying.

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 7
RE: Small request for early production (or land unit ar... - 7/22/2021 3:15:58 AM   
Nirosi

quote:

Build some stukas instead, just saying.

Hi,

My argument was not that it is the best OOB. I might not even use it in my next few games myself. I just wanted to make sure that players that do want to reach the 1940 OOB from a 1939 game could still do it. Not only it would have removed a possibility that is there in other scenarios, but would be really strange too not to be able to have the historical (in WP terms of course) OOB in a WWII wargame

But all is OK now, because it is possible. In other words, should not be mandatory, but should not be impossible either

PS: And I do like stukas!

< Message edited by Nirosi -- 7/22/2021 3:17:54 AM >

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Small request for early production (or land unit arrival) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI