Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Corporate Control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Corporate Control Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Corporate Control - 7/17/2021 11:06:28 AM   
kinngrimm

Hi there, so i am in round 91, taken a few cities colonized one and about 40-50 turns back i reached 61 corporate control in my main city. Which now i noticed lead to some unhappines.

Dice roll Difficulty for Zone Antitrust Ops is listed with 145
which i could not do anything about as i started out with **** leaders i guess. (influence skill roll 1d100 +35)
So i waited and hoped to get someone better.

Meanwhile i read about advisors may help with that too and it was mentioned in that aspect best have someone with high intimidation skill. Now does that help with that particular roll though as it was pointed out it is an influence skill roll.

Now i got lucky, a Sage card, i invested the 3FP and got one with better stats in intimidation than my economic director. I made him an advisor and attached him to the director. (Do the bonuses apply instantly or is it like with other things that i need to wait a turn? well i waited a turn anyways)
Sadly there is no change to the roll.

So the questions i really want to ask is this.
How do i improve my chances for an influence dice roll and/or
are there any other ways to decrease corporate control?

The corporate happiness malus is static from the looks of it, right? Currently 9 Points malus neither increasing nor decreasing. At overall 77 Happiness decreasing at a rate of -1. Town is at lvl VI.
Currently building higher lvl government buildings, where some of them help increase QoL, but i am unsure how that translates into happiness in the end, if at all.

Any help, advise and information on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
I did have a search for "corporate control" in the manual, but nothing showed up.

Edit: currently watching DasTactic on Managing Zones and Cities

< Message edited by kinngrimm -- 7/17/2021 11:25:13 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Corporate Control - 7/17/2021 12:11:40 PM   
zgrssd

The best way to build skill, is to fail rolls in the skill. So failing the roll could be the quickest way to get successfull rolls.

Advisors - per my understanding - roll the same skill as the one they are attached too. The better result is used - but if there is a negative effect on the rolling leader, it applies to both the main councilor and the advisor. This can be especially usefull to "groom" someone for taking over the role. Attach them and they will slowly gain skill over time. But realy just having a extra roll is good.

(in reply to kinngrimm)
Post #: 2
RE: Corporate Control - 7/17/2021 1:35:15 PM   
BlueTemplar

See also this thread :
[108.04b] Anti Trust ops vs Resist Influnce.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4985118

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Corporate Control - 7/17/2021 2:29:32 PM   
kinngrimm

Well its a challange, new task fail at rolls got it.
One thing which made not that much sense so to me when rolling was that this roll was indepent in difficulty no matter how high the corporate influence already was. 1 or 61 influence, did not matter the difficulty is always 145. Seems counter intuitive.

Nevertheless thanks for your responses and i check out that other thread.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 4
RE: Corporate Control - 7/17/2021 9:20:47 PM   
kinngrimm

As i had just now 300 polical points to burn and was interested in how that would effect the game i stopped using Anti Trust when i had reached 0 relations to corporations.
Currently the difficulty role is at *143* no idear how or why it went down and not a single one of those anti-trust went through as expected.

On the side of my director as well her advisor both have an asterisk at their "Resist Influence*" which gives a popup telling me recent skill usage 24(that went down to 15 the turn afterwards)

Next turn, difficulty role still at *143*, corporate relations back up at 9, NO increase to Resist Influence stats and i am running out of idears
as that
quote:

The best way to build skill, is to fail rolls in the skill

clearly did not work out or do i need to wait another round till those 15 usages would be accounted for? How much increase would that give if at all? How many
politcal points would i need to invest for the increase of 1 stat point? Seriously, this can't be the way.

Also just to be clear in all that time there was "resist skill role: 1d100+33" unchanged below my economic council when the anti-trust card was chosen

(in reply to kinngrimm)
Post #: 5
RE: Corporate Control - 7/17/2021 10:12:04 PM   
BlueTemplar

You haven't told us how high was your Commerce Profile in both cases ?

(in reply to kinngrimm)
Post #: 6
RE: Corporate Control - 7/18/2021 12:21:31 AM   
zgrssd

Characters turn Usage Points and XP into higher skill values. With heavy or recent skill use, there may be useage points banked for future turns.

If you look at the history, you will see a lot of tries to increase the skill at least. I bet you acrued a lot more the 24, just most of them have already been used.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/18/2021 12:22:06 AM >

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 7
RE: Corporate Control - 7/18/2021 10:35:58 PM   
kinngrimm

AT:BlueTemplar
currently it is at 78, but i switched over from government just around 15 turns back, at the time of the tests it was around 61 to 64
What is the calculation there in terms of it having an effect on the roll or difficulty?

The switch btw i did to find out if i could keep feats from different profiles, which seemed possible, later on i read in the manual that aslong one does not fall 10 points below what is needed for a certain stage of a profile you would keep it otherwise you loose it, which seems fine. That surely will be a consideration, when actually planning out a playthrough as then combination of feats may give certain advantages or enable playstyles(?) i may enjoy more. This will need a lot of more testing i guess =)

AT:zgrssd
that may be, i just then stumbled uppon that indicator when i mentioned it here.
I am currious though, how came it to be that usage points are safed up to be accumulated and not directly being converted into xp and therefor skillpoints?
I would guess it is so one could not push a certain skill to the extrem on new staff members and maybe safe up PP for such occations? Though that would seem an extrem way to play it as you would ignore certain opportunities all the time just to safe up PP. Sofar just using them as needed gives a nice sense of accomplishment and immersion.
Or just to reflect a linear learning curve ... linear curve ... that must be it ^^

Then again f.e. in the current game i am a bit in a pickle, either i was not aggressive enough, but all the major players are basicly at war with every minor faction around them and that makes it impossible to make some meaningful plays still with minors like protecting, unification, annexation have become complettly useless it seems for the rest of the game as i have sofar not witnessed that majors would at some point put their sword away again against minors and i am cursed to just be a bystander till they are all gobbled up, which will make ecoing so much harder as those majors gain developed zones while i need to clean house on unaligned lands and then establish new zones and colonize them. Point being, i am hardly using any PPs right now as i don't see much i could do against that. It is also quite clear which of those majors will become the strongest faction and i will try to be friendly with the second strongest faction besides me, though these majors are all theocracies no idear how that would work out. If i would be able to take one as ally to wage war against the bigger one, well we will see =)

anyways i am quite hooked currently by the game *sigh* ... so many games so few time

edit: freakin email AT so used to from yt comments addressing people pfff

< Message edited by kinngrimm -- 7/18/2021 10:39:00 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
RE: Corporate Control - 7/19/2021 9:09:08 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

that may be, i just then stumbled uppon that indicator when i mentioned it here.
I am currious though, how came it to be that usage points are safed up to be accumulated and not directly being converted into xp and therefor skillpoints?

I have no precise information why Vic designed it like this.

My gut instinct is, so that skills do not grow too quickly.

(in reply to kinngrimm)
Post #: 9
RE: Corporate Control - 7/20/2021 12:01:21 PM   
BlueTemplar

There's already the scaling that higher skill levels require more XP.

Thing is, leaders try to improve even skills that they don't use -
which is realistic but kind of annoying :
I don't *want* my Supreme Commander and his advisor(s) to waste XP on anything else than Administration (at least until they have maxed it out) !

quote:

The switch btw i did to find out if i could keep feats from different profiles, which seemed possible, later on i read in the manual that aslong one does not fall 10 points below what is needed for a certain stage of a profile you would keep it otherwise you loose it, which seems fine. That surely will be a consideration, when actually planning out a playthrough as then combination of feats may give certain advantages or enable playstyles(?) i may enjoy more. This will need a lot of more testing i guess =)

See this thread :
Multi-profile strategies
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5033255

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 7/20/2021 12:02:09 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Corporate Control Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI