Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Discover POI on the map that trigger Multichoice Events

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Discover POI on the map that trigger Multichoice Events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discover POI on the map that trigger Multichoice Events - 7/14/2021 1:03:55 AM   
Daza99

Have rogue robots that are like alien species currently that can roam about the map.

However there might not be a lot of them in comparison in terms of running into them. Imagine if you defeat them, you have a chance to salvage tech off them like hi-tech parts or machinery or even a rare chance to discover a tech blueprint in the way of warfare tech.

Also there could be some point of interest hexes, which could be some type of fortress be it bunkers or caves etc and they will be defended by rogue bots and sometimes a auto-turrent. You have to defeat them to be able to claim the hex which has a high bonus or reward. But these might not be easy to defeat and you might have to have a go at it later on when you have better tech.

I would also love to see POI hexes that might trigger a situation and you have a multi-choice of how to deal with it as the game currently does ie. you discover a supercomputer etc. But these ones you actually have to find on the map might have choices that affect your troops around the hex (make the wrong choice and they all get exposed to high rads or die in a self-destruct explosion ie mini-nuke) or consequence impacts your regime.

Perhaps some of these will have random right choices as not to be easy, others its a matter of picking the type of reward. One reward might be pay 10K to get some blackmarket tech from a group at an outpost or intel on other regimes.

Sometimes the choice might be to use the fortress as a super-bunker or blow it up and take the hi-tech inside.

I think this would make exploring interesting. Some types of POI hexes you discover might be grouped to type of planet.

There might be only 3 POI on the enter map. It would be great if some of these were dynamic so the variations can be many, and using text to describe the place which might be below ground or above or a derelict ship being used as an outpost or just tents etc. Traveling nomads using alien creatures as mounts etc- you could exchange credits to reveal parts of the map etc.

I can think of a lot of ideas of events even if some are minor, such as finding deserters from another regime and they join you on the spot. Finding some abandoned tanks, out of fuel and you bring up a transport truck to refuel them and take them so to speak. I know there are some scripted events of finding GR tech already, but the vehicles you find might not be GR grade at all and just same level tech as you or the regime it comes from.

Maybe sometimes a choice may backfire, eg. what if you come across refugees who you can choose to help reach your borders safely. It just means you have to move forces with them as they move 2-3 hexes at a time to your borders. And there is a 30% (under the hood) that they might bring a disease which triggers an outbreak event the game already has. But the risk is worth it if there are 10k of them. Etc.
Post #: 1
RE: Discover POI on the map that trigger Multichoice Ev... - 7/14/2021 1:25:59 PM   
BlueTemplar

These are already in the game : a minor faction "inhabited" by Sentinels, always (?) guarding an hex perk that their zone is based on.

quote:

I would also love to see POI hexes that might trigger a situation and you have a multi-choice of how to deal with it as the game currently does ie. you discover a supercomputer etc. But these ones you actually have to find on the map might have choices that affect your troops around the hex (make the wrong choice and they all get exposed to high rads or die in a self-destruct explosion ie mini-nuke) or consequence impacts your regime.

Yeah, a 3rd type of map interaction, aside from the already existing hex perks and free town goodies would be nice to have !

The current supercomputer (et al.) that you can discover seem to be randomly generated *during* the course of the game, maybe they should instead be pre-generated during map generation ? (Unless they're already linked to specific hexes ?)

quote:

what if you come across refugees who you can choose to help reach your borders safely

I really don't see how this can work with the current situation of units from different regimes not being able to share hexes ?

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 7/14/2021 1:26:12 PM >

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
RE: Discover POI on the map that trigger Multichoice Ev... - 7/14/2021 9:40:19 PM   
Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

These are already in the game : a minor faction "inhabited" by Sentinels, always (?) guarding an hex perk that their zone is based on.

quote:

Yeah, a 3rd type of map interaction, aside from the already existing hex perks and free town goodies would be nice to have !

The current supercomputer (et al.) that you can discover seem to be randomly generated *during* the course of the game, maybe they should instead be pre-generated during map generation ? (Unless they're already linked to specific hexes ?)

quote:

what if you come across refugees who you can choose to help reach your borders safely

I really don't see how this can work with the current situation of units from different regimes not being able to share hexes ?

Well one way is to have a hex that has a ? which might appear when some of your units are 1 or 2 hexes away and once you move unit into that hex a pop up appears with the event. These ? could be pre-determined at planet generation and are for more generic events. Special POI that might be an outpost or a cave would have a graphic representation. Like there already is a bunker and cave graphic that could be used or tweaked to look a bit different. If it turns out to be an ambush or a bad choice leads to a combat then enemy units could appear in empty hexes adjacent to your troops on the poi hex or next to it.

If something like this was added into the game, there could be some templates set for modders to create their own events and make a pack for players to download and add to their game. Some events could just be lore and snippets of a living breathing world for immersion sake.

One a ? has been interacted with it would disappear. So there might be a random number 1-5 on an entire map and the permanent POI depending on what it is could just be abandoned after or it might be a trading post you have to have a unit on it to buy intel/recon or something something that is costly rather than being a passive POI that currently can be discovered in the game automatically. For example one POI that can currently be found is a Dojo where you can get 200 recruits per turn. Imagine finding a rebel outpost (rebels of another regime you are friends with) and you can buy 500 recruits or veteran militia for 10k or for rare metals. Or its about making a detail that will be ongoing per turn- rather than per visit to the poi.

What if this has a chance to trigger an event next turn where the regime these rebels come from learns you have been buying/hiring recruits and supplying them with resources towards the rebels cause. Maybe the game will track how many times you brought recruits or mil bots and your friends wants you to stop or tell you to wipe the rebels out else they will become cold towards you. Of course this idea needs more work, but you can see how it decisions of the player could impact more events that could stem from it. Not all events on the map would have that, but some might.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Discover POI on the map that trigger Multichoice Events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI