Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Private fortification I-III for minors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Private fortification I-III for minors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Private fortification I-III for minors - 7/13/2021 6:03:42 AM   
Elver

Much in the same vein as Transportation Hub I-III, the new bunker asset seems like something that should crop up in at least some minor cities - raiders in particular seem like they'd be eager to build martial assets like that. It'd presumably be best handled in the same way Transport Hubs are, in that there could be a moderately-less-effective version that must be nationalized if there's to be any further development carried out.
Post #: 1
RE: Private fortification I-III for minors - 7/13/2021 8:29:47 AM   
Zanotirn

Makes sense, though I guess it would be most likely present in farmers (strong defensive military) and perhaps religious fanatics (militarization for the sake of it). Raiders are martial focused, but generally not defense-focused (real life raiding cultures usually paid little attention to fortifications, unless there were many of them in the same place and they were mainly concerned about each other, e.g. vikings).

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 2
RE: Private fortification I-III for minors - 7/13/2021 9:01:06 AM   
BlueTemplar

Yeah, one issue with Farmers (or is it all minors ?) is that they don't seem to often have a ruins on their city, making it perhaps a bit too easy to take ? (Or perhaps it's by design ?)

(in reply to Zanotirn)
Post #: 3
RE: Private fortification I-III for minors - 7/13/2021 9:54:50 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

Yeah, one issue with Farmers (or is it all minors ?) is that they don't seem to often have a ruins on their city, making it perhaps a bit too easy to take ? (Or perhaps it's by design ?)

All Majors start with a Ruin under their city, so the scavenging asset can work. But it also provides a very relevant defense bonus.

I suggested that when we get Defense assets, the defense of the terrain should go down. Or at least not be fully additive to the bunkers.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 4
RE: Private fortification I-III for minors - 7/14/2021 12:14:30 AM   
Elver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zanotirn

Raiders are martial focused, but generally not defense-focused (real life raiding cultures usually paid little attention to fortifications, unless there were many of them in the same place and they were mainly concerned about each other, e.g. vikings).

I thought about this, but TBH, given how granular minor regime types are I feel like Slavers are closer analogs to historical raider cultures than Raiders, where Raiders fill a niche closer to expansionistic militaristic cultures like e.g. many feudal regimes. Farmers are fairly pacifistic and take heavy provocation to go to war, but while Raiders may be willing to do diplomacy and fix borders, they also can be provoked fairly easily. I agree that as defensive cultures Farmers should definitely like fortifications, but I don't feel like Raiders should have none. If anything I'd say the deciding factor as to whether any minor wants fortifications is how hostile neighboring regimes and local wildlife is...

(in reply to Zanotirn)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Private fortification I-III for minors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI