Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] All ship radars set passive but automatically turning on

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] All ship radars set passive but automatically turning on Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] All ship radars set passive but automatically ... - 7/13/2021 3:47:25 AM   
KnightHawk75

Build 1147.29 db3k v489

Attached is what should be simple scene with some TPY-2 radars set to detect some incoming DF-21's
There is ship unit (T-AGM 25) with SPQ-XX CobraKing setup and some surface-nav radars but that unit EMCON is set passive. At the start of the scene you see she is set passive, and sensors dialog shows she is using that, and the user intends for it to stay that way.

However they do not stay that way.

1. Start the scene and let it play for about ~7min in once the TPY-2 makes a detection.
2. Pause, note all radars on the T-AGM 25 are turned on, against the wishes of the user.
3. You can try manually disabling setting the sensors via manual control in the sensors dialog will be overridden seconds later.

It's not specific to that ship, happens with any unit of class ship, not the MOB-Target ship has it's radars turned on as well. Neither ship has any weapons, neither involves a FCR.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 7/13/2021 1:17:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: All ship radars set passive but automatically turni... - 7/13/2021 6:05:13 AM   
Dimitris

Without running the scenario, I suspect this is part of the default "activate everything if it looks like we're under attack" logic.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: All ship radars set passive but automatically turni... - 7/13/2021 7:02:36 AM   
KnightHawk75

How does one disable\stop such logic, without manually destroying sensors (which I've had to do for FCR\illuminators at times to work around undesired behavior)? Why does it only infect ships (not that I'd want it applied elsewhere), more I'm asking is it based on target types of the incoming weapon as too who gets injected with the logic?

I'm reminded of this, second look perhaps at a passive means passive option|override suggested here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4906979 ?

There was a point in time not long too ago that it didn't light up and override everything, just fcr\illuminators, which is what that prior post was about, but now it's everything?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: All ship radars set passive but automatically turni... - 7/13/2021 1:14:01 PM   
Rory Noonan

Post #: 4
RE: All ship radars set passive but automatically turni... - 7/13/2021 6:57:31 PM   
p1t1o

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

How does one disable\stop such logic, without manually destroying sensors (which I've had to do for FCR\illuminators at times to work around undesired behavior)? Why does it only infect ships (not that I'd want it applied elsewhere), more I'm asking is it based on target types of the incoming weapon as too who gets injected with the logic?

I'm reminded of this, second look perhaps at a passive means passive option|override suggested here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4906979 ?

There was a point in time not long too ago that it didn't light up and override everything, just fcr\illuminators, which is what that prior post was about, but now it's everything?

Apologies if Im teaching you to suck eggs -

If Im understanding you correctly, its the "Ignore EMCON if under attack" doctrine setting that you are looking for. RoE also play a part.

I dont think the ship in question actually has to BE under attack, vampires in the area are enough IIRC.

This effect does impact other platforms such as SAMs, I have used it extensively to help simulate IADS. Certain appropriately equipped SAMs set to FREE against air targets and set to PASSIVE will "light up" and engage if a target is detected within their envelope.

A SAM set to HOLD against air targets, PASSIVE and NOT to ignore EMCON under attack, should not go active under any circumstances, the same should hold for ships.

The presence of backup optical sensors and passive engagement modes is a further complication, but doesnt come up as often.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] All ship radars set passive but automatically turning on Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI