I don't think it will change much. This won't affect the Soviets at all, of course, because they don't ungarrison their speed bumps.
Imo, it's not the answer I'm looking for here. Soviets are still going to get steamrolled.
It will help the Russians in a few ways:
1. The Germans won't have as many Armour ready for the beginning of the Battle of France.
2. The French garrisoned units (which now will be most of my French units) will gain +2 Anti-tank.
3. The combined effect of 1 and 2 will be more German casualties attacking France, which means less strength for Russia.
4. The Germans will have less Armour ready for the beginning of Barbarossa. Even just 1 or 2 could make a difference.
5. The Russian garrison units (which in my case will be some 60 large corps) will gain +2 anti-tank, which means more German Casualties.
By themselves each of these is only a minor help to the Russians. But perhaps combined they will be enough to make a difference. I agree that it was not the answer I was looking for either, but it might be enough.
This sums it up.
From my decades, and I can't believe I can say this, of playing World in Flames MORE stuff on the map leads to 2 things. First, a steam roll effect because it is harder to balance the sides. Second, a static effect where the fronts are slow and boring because everyone is triple stacked and deep.
This is my opinion only from observation is that the ideal situation is where all sides feel like they never have enough. That forces players to put their effort into one scenario until very late in the war where the Allies should have a large force advantage.
The goal is, if things turn out balanced, that the Germans do have to face a decision in 1942 of where to attack assuming a 1941 invasion. Where the Soviets don't have the forces to attack in 1942 themselves but enough to defend well 2 of the 3 front lines. Where the Western Allies can't willy nilly do what they want in 1942. Where balanced set of forces are important.
I added some of the BoA stuff because I noticed, as did Hadros, a huge hole in the BoA that was easily exploitable by the Germans. Also it wasn't even close to cost effective to build air with ASW components. Now they add a permanent value to the situation in which the cost returns over time in direct PP impact on the Germans and a determine of PP loss for the UK.
Now I have to play Hadros WPP to balance that.
Incredibly though a mountain of games I have played I still enjoy playing my creation. I figure I'd be burned out by now.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3