Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? - 7/12/2021 4:55:07 AM   
cj95

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask....

In transferring some old OAOW III scenarios to version IV, I run into some odd sound and equipment issues.

For instance in a ZULU WARs scenarios it is warning I am using the wrong equipment file, and I find self propelled guns and Anti tank squads in my 1879 British regulars?

My horses also make distinct automobile sounds.

And idea how, or where to look for answers? Id hate to not be able to play the wealth of old scenarios just for using the newer engine.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scena... - 7/12/2021 2:26:39 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: cj95

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask....

In transferring some old OAOW III scenarios to version IV, I run into some odd sound and equipment issues.

For instance in a ZULU WARs scenarios it is warning I am using the wrong equipment file, and I find self propelled guns and Anti tank squads in my 1879 British regulars?

My horses also make distinct automobile sounds.

And idea how, or where to look for answers? Id hate to not be able to play the wealth of old scenarios just for using the newer engine.

Thanks

In your TOAW III Graphics folder, there must have been a scenario-specific folder for this scenairo. You need to copy it to TOAW IV Graphics.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to cj95)
Post #: 2
RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scena... - 7/12/2021 4:53:08 PM   
cj95

Ah...this may be the problem.

I never owned toaow iii and only downloaded a big batch of old scenarios from a website I found.

I'll have to double check.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scena... - 7/12/2021 6:25:25 PM   
cathar1244

Are you loading the scenarios into the scenario editor and saving them again?

Cheers

(in reply to cj95)
Post #: 4
RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scena... - 7/14/2021 3:22:32 AM   
cj95

No. I hadnt realized that was necessary.
I will try that out as an option next time. Many thanks.

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI