Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feedback & Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Feedback & Suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feedback & Suggestions - 7/11/2021 6:05:04 PM   
kinngrimm

What anoys me is the lack of "fixed" customization options.
I find myself going back into rerolling everything over and over again to the point where i stop playing alltogether as i do not get the starting conditions i am aiming for.

Suggestion:
Make the randomized version optional for those feeling lucky and have otherwise sliders for starting attributes/conditions so us minmaxers wont get an aneurysma.
To that account, make it so that the sliders are being saved for later sessions. Nothing worse than then also have to guess, what once last settings were.

Similarly i'd like to have a bit more control and options about the folks i employ, you know the creme dela creme of government servants ^^. Having to restart a game a billion times till i get a half decent team helping me through the game seems next to impossible. Which drove me here into the forums the first place to maybe find a mod that could help with that.

Suggestion:
Depending on game difficulty, give us customization points which we can use up on our first set of leaders. Let us customize them complettly, from their looks, their advantages and disadvantages, their focus and what not.
The more disadvantages we would give them the more points free up to put into other aspects of them.
Again, let us safe these as templates for further games down the line, where we may want to test out different strategies with different types of leader sets.

Which brings me to the last point, modding. Only when joining this forum i saw that it is even possible to mod, as other sources in the internet claim still it would not be. So yeah it is a recent development,
one that people need to be made more aware of so that those possible modders which for years were discouraged maybe take another look at this game. Also being only abble to mod Stratagems and story(?) definetly needs to be increased in scope i have a feeling.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Other than the above, i really like the games atmosphere and how it evolves over time.
I always thought that less clutter in terms of grafics allows to focus on more deep gameplay and Shadow Empire delivers to that account. So please keep improving the game as it is very much enjoyable and could become a stable which i would come back to time and again.
Post #: 1
RE: Feedback & Suggestions - 7/12/2021 9:23:59 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

Suggestion:
Depending on game difficulty, give us customization points which we can use up on our first set of leaders. Let us customize them complettly, from their looks, their advantages and disadvantages, their focus and what not.
The more disadvantages we would give them the more points free up to put into other aspects of them.
Again, let us safe these as templates for further games down the line, where we may want to test out different strategies with different types of leader sets.

That would need a definition what a advantage (or disadvantage) even is.
Low skill and Stats? Realtionship can be a much bigger bonus.

Unfitting relationship? Compared to what? I could make a lot of people that hate Autocracy, Enforcement and Fist, because my plan was to play Democracy, Economy, Mind all along.

High Heroism? No impact if you never make them a HQ commander of any kind.

(in reply to kinngrimm)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Feedback & Suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI