Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trade oil NEI-JP problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Trade oil NEI-JP problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trade oil NEI-JP problem - 7/10/2021 10:13:04 AM   
dyrn

Hi all.

This situation occurs during Netplay v. 4.2.2 during the S/O 39 pre-leminary production phase. Playing AXIS.

The NEI oil traded to JP appears to have no path although all CONVs are in place. When trying to change the status to saved or production in JP I get the message that I don´t control the receiving MP and therefore can´t manipulate the NEI oil. At the beginning of the turn there were no problems.

Any suggestions?

I am responsible for what I say - not for how you understand it.
Post #: 1
RE: Trade oil NEI-JP problem - 7/10/2021 10:26:00 AM   
Joseignacio

It happened to us months ago. We posted it here, we didn't get any solution.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4938347&mpage=1&key=nei�

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 7/10/2021 10:28:25 AM >

(in reply to dyrn)
Post #: 2
RE: Trade oil NEI-JP problem - 7/10/2021 7:15:18 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

Since that is a netplay game, I can't investigate...

Peter

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 3
RE: Trade oil NEI-JP problem - 7/10/2021 8:45:51 PM   
dyrn

Is it possible to edit a file controlling the resources from NEI?

I am responsible for what I say - not for how you understand it.

(in reply to dyrn)
Post #: 4
RE: Trade oil NEI-JP problem - 7/15/2021 2:01:55 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

My analysis of your posted game in the other thread is that the saved game is damaged.

Your choice of optional rules is that Oil is not being used, but saving oil is. I am not sure that the program can cope with this mix of optional oil rules. I am likely to have assumed that if you are not using Oil to reorganize units, then you cannot save it either. But I am not sure how I coded that in all the various places where the program needs to deal with the oil rules.

OIL (AFA OPTION 48)
If you are playing with this option, you only automatically organize units during the final reorganization step if they are not oil dependent. To organize oil dependent units, you must spend oil resources. Oil dependent units are shown on the Unit costs chart (a separate PDF document).

SAVED OIL RESOURCES (AFA OPTION 31)
You can save oil resources you used neither in production nor to reorganize units. A major power can only save oil if it was transported to a city or port it controls. You indicate the city or port and how many oil resources you are saving there.
You may save up to 4 oil points in each city or port (cumulative) you control and double these limits in your major power’s capital (e.g. The Commonwealth can save 16 oil (4 x 4) in London). You can’t save other resources. This is in addition to saved build points (see 13.6.8).
You can use saved oil resources either to reorganize units or as resources for production. Treat them exactly like printed oil resources.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 5
RE: Trade oil NEI-JP problem - 7/15/2021 2:04:11 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: dyrn

Hi all.

This situation occurs during Netplay v. 4.2.2 during the S/O 39 pre-leminary production phase. Playing AXIS.

The NEI oil traded to JP appears to have no path although all CONVs are in place. When trying to change the status to saved or production in JP I get the message that I don´t control the receiving MP and therefore can´t manipulate the NEI oil. At the beginning of the turn there were no problems.

Any suggestions?

I need a saved game (from either player) to look into this.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to dyrn)
Post #: 6
RE: Trade oil NEI-JP problem - 7/15/2021 4:07:03 PM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

My analysis of your posted game in the other thread is that the saved game is damaged.

Your choice of optional rules is that Oil is not being used, but saving oil is. I am not sure that the program can cope with this mix of optional oil rules. I am likely to have assumed that if you are not using Oil to reorganize units, then you cannot save it either. But I am not sure how I coded that in all the various places where the program needs to deal with the oil rules.

OIL (AFA OPTION 48)
If you are playing with this option, you only automatically organize units during the final reorganization step if they are not oil dependent. To organize oil dependent units, you must spend oil resources. Oil dependent units are shown on the Unit costs chart (a separate PDF document).

SAVED OIL RESOURCES (AFA OPTION 31)
You can save oil resources you used neither in production nor to reorganize units. A major power can only save oil if it was transported to a city or port it controls. You indicate the city or port and how many oil resources you are saving there.
You may save up to 4 oil points in each city or port (cumulative) you control and double these limits in your major power’s capital (e.g. The Commonwealth can save 16 oil (4 x 4) in London). You can’t save other resources. This is in addition to saved build points (see 13.6.8).
You can use saved oil resources either to reorganize units or as resources for production. Treat them exactly like printed oil resources.

I dont like oil, never use it. But I wanted to save BPs, which is allowed as well in Option 31.

Anyway if for some reason these are incompatible, you should not be able to select that combo.

Regards.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Trade oil NEI-JP problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI