Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where do you read messages sent from other players ingame?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Where do you read messages sent from other players ingame? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where do you read messages sent from other players ingame? - 7/10/2021 9:59:16 AM   
Daza99

I have a MP game going with one other human player and once we have open contact they appear in the Strategic map under regimes, there you can send a message. Where do we read such messages if they have been replied to?
Post #: 1
RE: Where do you read messages sent from other players ... - 7/10/2021 6:01:25 PM   
mroyer

I don't have a message in this image, but if I did it would be under Reports->LetterBox with an entry something like "MESSAGE from playerName"

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
RE: Where do you read messages sent from other players ... - 7/11/2021 12:07:48 AM   
Daza99

Thanks for the info. Is there a limit to how many messages can be sent at one turn?

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 3
RE: Where do you read messages sent from other players ... - 7/11/2021 12:27:51 AM   
eddieballgame

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99

Thanks for the info. Is there a limit to how many messages can be sent at one turn?

You can send 1 message a turn to each human player.
I have never sent more than 1 message a turn to the same player, however.
I, suspect, you can...& there is one way to find out for sure.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 7/11/2021 12:28:12 AM >

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 4
RE: Where do you read messages sent from other players ... - 7/11/2021 1:37:45 AM   
Daza99

Okay. I am playing a MP with one other and he isn't receiving any messages from me but i got his one test message. So i am not sure if this feature is a bit buggy or not. My first real go at MP. I presume it is not possible to read previous messages, would be handy to double check some agreed coordination etc.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 5
RE: Where do you read messages sent from other players ... - 7/11/2021 3:13:19 AM   
mroyer

Yeah, for my multi-player game we all just started using e-mail. I don't recall the in-game messaging being "buggy", per-se, but it was clunky to use and you couldn't send images. The only minor drawback with e-mail is that there is no in-game record to tie the messages back to a particular turn. I find that is not an issue for me.

-Mark R.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 6
RE: Where do you read messages sent from other players ... - 7/11/2021 3:51:09 AM   
Daza99

Okay. Unless i am mistaken it doesn't look like the game keeps the messages in the following turn only new ones. Perhaps the game could do so via txt log. But not being able to place images in the message is a major negative. I wonder if it would be worth having some preset markers we could place on the S.Map when playing MP, it could be only allied players will see these markers. They could be numbered and then refer to them in the messages.

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Where do you read messages sent from other players ingame? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI