Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Headquarters and supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Headquarters and supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Headquarters and supply - 7/6/2021 4:59:22 PM   
DavidDailey

Allright, I admit it. The subtleties and nuances of headquarters and supply baffle me. So I will frame my question in the context of a game situation. War starts. Gamelin, level 5 is just outside Paris. French MPPs are scarce and precious. So should some of them be spent getting Gamelin up to level 10? Paris provides level 6 entrenchment. A combat unit there will hold out longer than Gamelin but is there some advantage, say to other units readiness and morale to having him there? In other words is a beefed up, entrenched Gamelin in Paris better for the French than a weaker Gamelin outside Paris? And if so, why? Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Headquarters and supply - 7/6/2021 6:02:24 PM   
The Land

Gamelin at full strength will give a Readiness bonus to all units under his command. He has a command radius of 4 or 5 hexes or something, and can be set to automatically or manually choose which units he is commanding. The Readiness bonus is significant in the combat calculation. If he's at half strength the bonus is much lower.

Don't put him in Paris as he will never deal damage to enemy units - leave an Army there. But what you should do is reinforce the HQ unit and then attach key French units under his command. Where to locate him is a judgement call, but you want to ensure that your most crucial units (probably including your fighter, maybe your bomber) are in his command radius.

(in reply to DavidDailey)
Post #: 2
RE: Headquarters and supply - 7/6/2021 9:41:19 PM   
EarlyDoors

So its taken me a couple of years to understand this but for the scenario you describe do not spend mpp on those HQs
because

1. readiness boost to units is determined by hq rating

2. unit supply is affected by hq strength

So, for the allies, on the defensive, in western europe, unit supply is plenty high enough from resources
and the boost to readiness for units attached to an hq is the same whether the hq strength is 1 through to 10

you should consider increasing their strength when ready to go on the offensive into enemy territory

15-16 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Headquarters and supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI