Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions Questions Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Questions Questions Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions Questions Questions - 7/6/2021 4:48:53 PM   
canuckgamer

If I have CVs included in my invasion fleet (transport with land unit) will the aircraft on the CVs provide CAP if the fleet is intercepted by enemy air?

As I will be conducting some invasions soon in my PBEM game I have been experimenting using hotseat to learn invasion mechanics. Some hexes with the beach indicator cannot be invaded. Examples are Calais, Dunkirk, Le Harve and Rotterdam. Why have the beach indicator?

In my PBEM game the rail from Murmansk has been cut by the Finns so no lend lease in the winter months. Which months constitute summer months so that I can receive lend lease via Archangel? Or is it determined by the weather in the convoy route? If it is the weather what type of weather allows lend lease to Archangel?
Post #: 1
RE: Questions Questions Questions - 7/6/2021 6:35:27 PM   
stjeand

CVs will provide a little cap...but nothing like land based. CVs have a LOT less fighters.

There is beach and coastline. I see coastline in those places...not "beach". Not sure what indicator you are seeing.
Ports can not be "invaded" unless there is beach next to them.

You can get Lend Lease through Archangel if rail still exists to the capitol...(forgive my spelling)

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions Questions Questions - 7/6/2021 8:00:09 PM   
Nirosi

quote:

If it is the weather what type of weather allows lend lease to Archangel?

Any weather that freeze a port (ice icon in the port hex) will stop Archangel to be used. Blizzard for sure and IIRC also Snow. But Fair, Cold, Rain and Heavy Rain is Ok.

Post #: 3
RE: Questions Questions Questions - 7/6/2021 10:22:33 PM   
canuckgamer

In some cases the only way I can tell if a hex is beach or coast is by moving my cursor over it.

I guess I am in trouble in regards to lend lease because Moscow is in Axis hands.

Thanks for the replies.

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions Questions Questions - 7/6/2021 10:45:31 PM   
Nirosi

quote:

I guess I am in trouble in regards to lend lease because Moscow is in Axis hands.

I believe you should still be able to get lend-lease as long as the new capital is connected by rail to Archangel (whenever Archangel is not frozen).

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Questions Questions Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI