Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is Morale less relevant than in WITE?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Is Morale less relevant than in WITE? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Morale less relevant than in WITE? - 7/6/2021 12:20:30 AM   
AlbertN

I remember in WITE it was extremely important to raise the morale of your formations through victories and the like.
The super green ones (86+ morale) were more speedy to traverse enemy hexes - paying less MPs per hex than let's say your darker green (76-85 I think!) morale unit.

It does not seem anymore the case, so I assume all units (even the ones with low morale) pay the same to traverse an enemy controlled hex?
Post #: 1
RE: Is Morale less relevant than in WITE? - 7/6/2021 1:48:51 AM   
GloriousRuse

No. Morale affects speed into enemy hexes, however there are a great deal of other factors - particularly the new road nets- that also have a huge impact, so morale is no longer the biggest factor. It still contributes greatly to combat effectiveness, but with the improved log model and the advent of CPP, “fighting for morale” usually grinds down a force much faster than any morale gains can offset it. All in all, the “Fantasy Blitzkrieg” model has been greatly revised, reducing the apparent value

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 2
RE: Is Morale less relevant than in WITE? - 7/6/2021 6:29:16 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cohen_slith

It does not seem anymore the case, so I assume all units (even the ones with low morale) pay the same to traverse an enemy controlled hex?

no, there are significant differences see the movement tables in section 38.7.1.

but as GloriousRuse says the main issue is one of mindset. Attacks cost now, in fact cost what is probably one of your key game currencies in CPP. So the idea in WiTE1 of endless attacks to 'farm' morale is downright silly, you gain something that is of value at the expense of losing something that is very important

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Is Morale less relevant than in WITE? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI