Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an Axis Ally

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an Axis Ally Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an Axis ... - 7/2/2021 6:43:31 AM   
Harrybanana

I hope this is a bug.

In my game with Sveint with me as the Axis, France DOWed Luxembourg and occupied it. But Belgium did not join the Axis. Is this WAD? Is it only if the Axis DOW Luxembourg that Belgium joins the Allies, but not vice versa? If so, then IMHO, this is wrong.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Harrybanana -- 7/2/2021 6:46:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 7:59:47 AM   
ncc1701e

Normal. But it means that Axis can attack Netherlands and Belgium will not move. Belgium will remain neutral.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 11:57:24 AM   
stjeand

Ya I am not sure how I would want to this to play out.

Few people now attack the Netherlands to start...so this still messes up the Axis.

Will be interesting to see how you get through Belgium. It is a pain if Lux is not available and you don't take the Netherlands.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 1:54:34 PM   
AlvaroSousa

French taking Lux doesn't change anything. Usually it means they just trapped a unit there.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 2:54:07 PM   
stjeand

Actually it changes how the Axis attack. They can't get 2 units vs the Belgium Cav...they have to push across the river which is much more difficult but still doable.

I suspect they will have to go through the Netherlands now.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 5
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 3:31:05 PM   
Harrybanana

Okay, so WAD. I don't like or agree with it, but will see how it plays out.

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 6
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 5:26:14 PM   
stjeand

I am a bit torn...

Belgium is between 2 major powers about to fight...

One takes a country far to the East which scares them to ready for war.

Another takes a country right on their border...

Would they have gone to war with France and joined Germany?
I am not sure...but this would have definitely created a huge political rift and we all know Germany would have put some heavy pressure on them to join.
Definitely there should be political shift...but that means little since few use negotiation.

Suspect this is why all the house rules were...if you attack Lux you have to attack Belgium.

< Message edited by stjeand -- 7/2/2021 5:27:48 PM >

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 7
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 5:33:59 PM   
Nirosi

quote:

Will be interesting to see how you get through Belgium. It is a pain if Lux is not available and you don't take the Netherlands.

Taking Luxemburg in April might be way to try to tempt Germany to actually go though the Netherland a turn early? If Germany tries to avoid the Netherlands, seems to me a fair enough tactic to at least try to influence him the other way around...

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 8
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 5:56:20 PM   
stjeand

True...but did France know when attacking Luxemburg that they would not piss off their neighbors?

I think if anything Belgium might move troops off of the German border to the French border fearing that they were next and that would make it easier for the Germans.

Perhaps that needs to be scripted in...

Just saying hey allies...attack whomever is your friend and no one else cares.
That would never be the case IRL...
And I am sure Al did not plan what should happen if the Allies attack Belgium because to be honest they should never and if they do there should be consequences with the Netherlands and vise-versa.

Think if Germany decided to forego the attack on France and attack Russia...then France decided to attack Belgium...what should the Netherlands do? Sit back and wait to be attacked next?

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 9
RE: Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an A... - 7/2/2021 9:10:47 PM   
ncc1701e

I think the game is right. Belgium was Allies leaning. It would have never join the Axis except if attacked.

And regarding Belgium deployment, Germany can beat anything. While I am waiting the player that can show me that France can defeat Belgium in one turn with armies at 40% experience.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Allied DOW on Luxembourg does not make Belgium an Axis Ally Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI