Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ME262 easy update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> ME262 easy update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ME262 easy update - 7/1/2021 11:02:39 PM   
Gilber

Towards the end of the war Germany was ahead in aircraft technology (Me262 Me163 etc.). We could restore this historical reality by an easy update of the game.
Limit advanced fighter USA and USSR to 4 and reduce the level 5 progression of advanced fighter UK to 1%.

What do you think about this?

Gilles
Post #: 1
RE: ME262 easy update - 7/1/2021 11:23:46 PM   
El_Condoro

Research progression is done for levels and can't be applied to units or unit types, so if the UK progression at level 5 was reduced to 1% it would affect *all* unit progression from level 4 to 5.

I think this change would not have the desired effect - if the German player has a few level 4 fighter units, they could all be upgraded to level 5 easily. The 'real' Germans had the technology but could only produce very few jets that did not affect the course of the air war, which was lost to the LW by then. Introducing this change would introduce a whole new ahistorical effect, IMO.

(in reply to Gilber)
Post #: 2
RE: ME262 easy update - 7/2/2021 3:23:27 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Glad you brought this up.

Many games go way past '45 and after '44-45 research decisions are for the most part maxed out. Research is meaningless.

The game should introduce new research capabilities starting in '44/'45 like tanks/fighters to level 6.

To say the Germans should have a fighter advantage makes no sense. The Brits & US had a big Intelligence advantage in the war should that be reflected then, it could go on and on. Each country should have the same ability in researches.

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 7/2/2021 3:27:44 PM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 3
RE: ME262 easy update - 7/2/2021 11:19:47 PM   
Elessar2

I'll just point out that the Gloster Meteor was in service not long after the 262, while the American P-80 got into some limited service in Italy by the end of the war.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 4
RE: ME262 easy update - 7/3/2021 11:14:54 AM   
PvtBenjamin

One wise man once said if the game follows history exactly the Allies win.

Research is set up so the players can dictate which research to invest in so each country should have equal potentials. "What if" if you will. If research were to follow history there could be no need for it.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 5
RE: ME262 easy update - 7/3/2021 2:19:07 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elessar2

I'll just point out that the Gloster Meteor was in service not long after the 262, while the American P-80 got into some limited service in Italy by the end of the war.

indeed... the Meteor scarcely saw combat in WW2, but that's because it was a short-range interceptor that was created at a time when Britain hardly needed short-range interceptors. This first squadron to take delivery of them we deployed as an OPFOR against American bombers, as there weren't any German bombers to fight. And then when some were deployed in Europe they were forbidden to fly over German-held territory to stop them falling into German (or Soviet) hands. It's quite plausible to imagine them in squadron service in mid-1944 if the need for them was more urgent!

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 6
RE: ME262 easy update - 7/3/2021 4:12:44 PM   
Gilber

the other interest to give an advantage of research to the axis at the level Advanced Fighter 4 is to give again towards the end of the war momentarily a small advantage to the Luftwaffe.

Gilles

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> ME262 easy update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI