Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hex layer changes after each save?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Hex layer changes after each save? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hex layer changes after each save? - 6/30/2021 1:46:05 AM   
El_Condoro

I wanted to use hex layer sprites 10-15 in the tile_sprites.png and tile_sprites_zoom.png files, so I started with making a change to sprite 15. Of course, when I opened my custom map, many hexes showed the changed sprite and so I selected sprite 1 and clicked until all the sprite 15 hexes had been changed. I then updated the AI and event scripts and saved. After the save, I saw that many hexes that had not been sprite 15 changed to it. I did this multiple times and each time different hexes changed to sprite 15.

That seems to indicate that a map will randomly select sprite tiles (1-15, which are plain hexes) when it is saved. This makes editing those sprites unworkable.

Can someone confirm this for me, please, and explain why this occurs?
Post #: 1
RE: Hex layer changes after each save? - 6/30/2021 11:52:39 PM   
Elessar2

Yes, I noticed that all of the 100% solid land units (and sea ones) randomly shift upon each save. It would appear to be a feature to avoid the annoying repetition of sprite patterns if you painted large sections of the map with the same one. You're basically stuck with all of the solid land/sea hexes as they currently are.

Down on my priority list would be a project to redraw a lot of the hybrid hexes-far too often a sea hex with some land/a land hex with some sea will have weirdly extreme shapes to the coastlines (exaggerated bays or promontories), often making it difficult to draw straight coasts in some situations.

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Hex layer changes after each save? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI