Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vehicle TOE setting on CR?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Vehicle TOE setting on CR? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vehicle TOE setting on CR? - 6/28/2021 9:04:01 PM   
RedJohn

Truck shortages seem to be a problem for both sides, and I think both sides like to trim off the fat so to speak by finding truck-heavy units that don't offer much and disbanding them.

I believe there's also no way, currently, to prioritize certain units receiving trucks.

So I think it'd be a brilliant idea to have a vehicle TOE on the CR, like TOE, that can be set from 0-100%. Ideally a separate tab would also show the number of trucks the unit currently has. (I might've missed this if it already exists)

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: Vehicle TOE setting on CR? - 6/29/2021 5:02:15 AM   
kahta

Allowing the player to choose the mobility level by editing the % of vehicles is an interesting idea, perhaps this could also eliminate the go static option.

(in reply to RedJohn)
Post #: 2
RE: Vehicle TOE setting on CR? - 6/29/2021 8:42:35 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedJohn

Truck shortages seem to be a problem for both sides, and I think both sides like to trim off the fat so to speak by finding truck-heavy units that don't offer much and disbanding them.

I believe there's also no way, currently, to prioritize certain units receiving trucks.

So I think it'd be a brilliant idea to have a vehicle TOE on the CR, like TOE, that can be set from 0-100%. Ideally a separate tab would also show the number of trucks the unit currently has. (I might've missed this if it already exists)

Thoughts?

You can prioritise - place the unit on a large depot

You can see trucks in unit (on the detailed unit tab)

wider issue, the gain/loss of trucks is very dynamic and really driven by the logistics system. You have a global trucks available/trucks in unit/combined unit need ratios but for the unit what really matters is how much of their truck stock have they had to send into the logistics system to acquire freight.

So its best seen as the moving part of the supply demand (HQ priority)/supply (depots and rail links) game system. Or in other words I'm not sure where the trucks for your idea come from. They are either avaialble globally but missing locally due to the supply system or not available globally.

The other way to look at this, is to use the tools to control your logistics system and your trucks will take care of themselves. Over-riding that would be (I think) wide open to abuse - unit gets trucks from the ether, unit uses those trucks to offset the issues in the logistics system, unit gets more trucks from the ether?

(in reply to RedJohn)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Vehicle TOE setting on CR? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI