[1.09.06] Pull points are assigned to blocked routes.

Moderator: Vic

S1man

[1.09.06] Pull points are assigned to blocked routes.

Post by S1man »

In short: after some testing I am pretty sure that pullpoints can be assigned to truck station that can not actually reach pull point due to traffic signs set to Block All.

In detail (cant post links, so you have to assemble them yourself):

i_imgur_com_iHJDskX_png

I have next setup with:
1) pull point location
2) branch with traffic sign set to: block all, allow pull points
3) the crossroad from other truck stations in east
Worth noting there is also truck station in north.

Once I cut off incoming traffic from east, logistics from northen station doesnt go to a pull point (due to expecting that east stations, that are cut-off, will do the job):
i_imgur_com_1AWCtdh_png

For me it was repicatable in different setups as soon as I was able to figure out current pullpoint-truckstation bind.
Wtface

RE: [1.09.06] Pull points are assigned to blocked routes.

Post by Wtface »

I have one too. Looks like pull points from a motorized infantry unit are going past the highlighted hex with this traffic signal. That unit would be in red or out of supply if that that signal worked, if that has any relation.
Attachments
SEbugWtface2.jpg
SEbugWtface2.jpg (129.68 KiB) Viewed 234 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

Working as intended. Pull points are spread out regardless of traffic signs.

It is easiest to either chose Pull points or traffic signs as a way to manage your logistics.

best wishes,
Vic

edit: This answer is actually wrong. See further below
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Soar_Slitherine

Post by Soar_Slitherine »

ORIGINAL: Wtface

I have one too. Looks like pull points from a motorized infantry unit are going past the highlighted hex with this traffic signal. That unit would be in red or out of supply if that that signal worked, if that has any relation.
Logistics will go past traffic signs if it has nowhere else to go. It can't double back in this game, so otherwise the points would just be wasted.
S1man

Post by S1man »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Working as intended. Pull points are spread out regardless of traffic signs.

It is easiest to either chose Pull points or traffic signs as a way to manage your logistics.

best wishes,
Vic

OK, thank you for reply.

Though I would like to point out that in current state of the game you're best using both pull points (either auto or manual) AND traffic signs, personally I had experience from broken logi to fixed logi (4k throughput -> 6k) just by managing pull points + traffic signs GIVEN I already had good chunk of traffic signs just never care to dig deep.

So the game itself, given how important is logistic, incentifies player to use both to acheive +50-100% efficiency over using just one way. The simpliest case is obvious: if we have fat, like 6k, route and have a branch with civilian asset requiring you 50 logi points, resolving this need via a traffic sign would mean directing 5% or 300 logi to a 50 logi demand, thus wasting 250. It might sound a minor thing, but when accumulated over dozens of rural assets throughout the empire it really takes a toll.

So despite this one issue is not of big importance, I think there is a good reason for pull points and traffic signs work together and have some form of interaction.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

But they *do* interact, otherwise what is the "pull point" checkbox for in the traffic sign popup ?
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

But they *do* interact, otherwise what is the "pull point" checkbox for in the traffic sign popup ?
we have fat, like 6k, route and have a branch with civilian asset requiring you 50 logi points, resolving this need via a traffic sign would mean directing 5% or

your right. my previous response was not correct. says something about the complexity possibilities of the supply system if even the dev can get confused heh?

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
S1man

Post by S1man »

Overall after playing more I can say logistics is totally managable and improving the things like that is a minor priority, using pull points for assets only + blocking some pull points + setting traffic signs that allow pull through now provides almost surgical tool to logistics, and issues like in the start topic are very rare and are usually solved with an insubstatial loss in efficiency (tho is a headache sometimes when you cant just set block all + allow pull and have to set 95%-90%-80% block and check this from time to time to see if its still functional).

Return to “Tech Support”