Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet at-start Corps disband ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Soviet at-start Corps disband ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet at-start Corps disband ? - 6/28/2021 3:41:24 PM   
GBoggon

The manual states "By August 1941, the at-start Corps will start to either disband or convert to Army HQs".
I wonder if any one has A better idea of what this means? I was not that surprised by the departure of 27 MC's that where marked "4Dis". But I did find it surprising when 22 Rifle Corps "24dis" disbanded along with 5 more MC's for good measure. Can I expect to lose 20+ Rifle Corps per turn?

< Message edited by GBoggon -- 6/28/2021 3:48:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet at-start Corps disband ? - 6/28/2021 3:53:07 PM   
Seminole

Maybe even more than that.
The Red Army phased them out and re-organized and the game depicts that.

Airborne corps and cavalry corps will remain. But the mech and rifle corps as HQs go away (some are upgrade to combined arms HQs, so don’t disband willy nilly).
Later you can make rifle corps and mech corps that are ground units, not HQ units.

(in reply to GBoggon)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet at-start Corps disband ? - 6/28/2021 3:55:39 PM   
Seminole

As you get into the 3-5th week of the campaign you should be shifting from corps HQ assignment to Army HQ assignment as you flesh out your lines.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet at-start Corps disband ? - 6/28/2021 3:56:25 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBoggon

The manual states "By August 1941, the at-start Corps will start to either disband or convert to Army HQs".
I wonder if any one has A better idea of what this means? I was not that surprised by the departure of 27 MC's that where marked "4Dis". But I did find it surprising when 22 Rifle Corps "24dis" disbanded along with 5 more MC's for good measure. Can I expect to lose 20+ Rifle Corps per turn?

you will have lost all the at-start mech/rifle corps HQ formations by the end of the summer of 1941 (I can't remember the exact dates but its a steady flow from around T6 onwards). You can check the exact dates and their path (upgrade or disband) in the editor if you are so minded.

the cav corps HQs hang around till early 1942 and then disband. The airborne corps HQs disband later in 1942.

But unlike WiTE1, the Soviet player cannot build new HQs so the conversions (corps-HQ, later reserve army -- ) are crucial, so the advice in the manual - don't disband them

remember these are just HQ formations - not the Rifle Corps you can build from december 1941 onwards.

(in reply to GBoggon)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet at-start Corps disband ? - 6/28/2021 4:36:21 PM   
Aurelian

T3, two HQs upgrade.

Here's T4

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 6/28/2021 4:37:53 PM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Soviet at-start Corps disband ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI