Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombardment...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombardment... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombardment... - 6/27/2021 8:45:36 AM   
The Land

Are Coastal Artillery not supposed to fire back against a shore bombardment? Or any adjacent naval unit? I thought they were - or maybe I'm wrong and they only try to shoot amphibs.

Post #: 1
RE: Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombard... - 6/27/2021 9:45:34 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

Are Coastal Artillery not supposed to fire back against a shore bombardment? Or any adjacent naval unit? I thought they were - or maybe I'm wrong and they only try to shoot amphibs.

It's been my experience that they only exercise opportunity fire at adjacent amphibious units. Enemy naval units can blithely sail right past them. Of course if a naval unit is dumb enough to end it's turn parked next to a CD unit...then by all means fire away in your turn.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 2
RE: Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombard... - 7/15/2021 10:47:27 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Might be nice to buff them German ones on the French coast up a tad. Maybe even allow for building of more extensive defensives, at a cost, of course. Same goes for Jap(anese).

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombard... - 7/19/2021 8:48:17 PM   
DrZom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

Maybe even allow for building of more extensive defensives, at a cost, of course.

An engineer can build fortifications that hem in Allied units to their landing hexes. An upgraded garrison unit may be able to hold out until your mobile support force can respond. The cost for the engineer is one time, the building of fortifications costs time, and the garrison units are not too dear.

No?

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 4
RE: Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombard... - 7/20/2021 7:06:34 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

@DrZom --- Correct, engineers can build some excellent barriers. Players can turn France into an entire Fortress. Against top talent, probably not even helpful, gotta put everything into offense and destroy the Reds.

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.

(in reply to DrZom)
Post #: 5
RE: Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombard... - 7/21/2021 12:12:02 AM   
DrZom

quote:

@DrZom --- Correct, engineers can build some excellent barriers. Players can turn France into an entire Fortress. Against top talent, probably not even helpful, gotta put everything into offense and destroy the Reds.

Truly? What does an engineer cost? 200? Are the margins that close? Or does defending France not matter compared to winning in the East?

< Message edited by DrZom -- 7/21/2021 12:14:36 AM >

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 6
RE: Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombard... - 7/22/2021 3:53:48 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrZom

quote:

Truly? What does an engineer cost? 200? Are the margins that close? Or does defending France not matter compared to winning in the East?

Truly? That's the most interesting word in the English language. What is truth?

That's why we play the game! If you want to buy an Engineer, go for it. I love 'em, makes for fun times. Toss in an Engineer for the Italians too, then you double the fun in Jeopardy terms.

Far as the Allies, the Russians are always building x2. Additionally, create the French engineer in 1940, send to Egypt, let them dig. Should be able to build 1-fort before the fall of France in 1940. Might catch some luck and the French engineer won't surrender, keep building kid.

Animal Mother might think of it, as this:
You'd better flush out your head, new guy. This isn't about freedom; this is a slaughter. If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is "poontang".

Regards,
-Elvis

Speaking of "Surrender", good tune.

When we kiss my heart's on fire
Burning with a strange desire
And I know, each time I kiss you
That your heart's on fire too

So, my darling, please surrender
All your love so warm and tender
Let me hold you in my arms, dear
While the moon shines bright above

All the stars will tell the story
Of our love and all its glory
Let us take this night of magic
And make it a night of love

Won't you please surrender to me
Your lips, your arms, your heart, dear
Be mine forever
Be mine tonight

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ElvisJJonesRambo -- 7/22/2021 3:56:19 PM >

(in reply to DrZom)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Coastal Artillery firing back against shore bombardment... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI