Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Logistics and supply from captured ports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Logistics and supply from captured ports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logistics and supply from captured ports - 6/27/2021 6:03:30 AM   
DavidDailey

Can researching Logistics help my headquarters supply units operating from captured ports and cities next to ports after an invasion? I am trying to figure out a way to increase the supply values of units in this predicament. Is there another way to increase it if Logistics is not the answer?
Post #: 1
RE: Logistics and supply from captured ports - 6/27/2021 8:47:59 AM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidDailey

Can researching Logistics help my headquarters supply units operating from captured ports and cities next to ports after an invasion? I am trying to figure out a way to increase the supply values of units in this predicament. Is there another way to increase it if Logistics is not the answer?

I don't think so. The basic problem is that the port will have a reduced supply value after being captured. The only answer to that is to take the port unopposed, which is... unlikely, much of the time.

If you have the HQ loaded onto an amphib transport then it will give inherent supply for a few turns, which should last until the port is up and running. That is a more expensive option but may solve your problem.

(in reply to DavidDailey)
Post #: 2
RE: Logistics and supply from captured ports - 6/27/2021 3:51:26 PM   
wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidDailey

No. If you invade/attack a port it will be damaged and you have to wait for the game to repair it. If the enemy nation surrenders and you simply occupy a port (ie, without conflict) it will have the original port/supply points.

Did this help?

(in reply to DavidDailey)
Post #: 3
RE: Logistics and supply from captured ports - 6/27/2021 7:27:56 PM   
DrZom

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

If you have the HQ loaded onto an amphib transport then it will give inherent supply for a few turns, which should last until the port is up and running. That is a more expensive option but may solve your problem.

How? Docked in the port? Or embarked into the city? If docked, only an amphib or a transport also?

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 4
RE: Logistics and supply from captured ports - 6/27/2021 9:24:42 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrZom

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

How? Docked in the port? Or embarked into the city? If docked, only an amphib or a transport also?

An HQ which does an amphibious landing from any kind of amphibious transport, into any land hex, gets this benefit.

(in reply to DrZom)
Post #: 5
RE: Logistics and supply from captured ports - 6/29/2021 2:51:03 AM   
ThunderLizard2

Doesn't logistics tech offer a minimum resource level?

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 6
RE: Logistics and supply from captured ports - 6/29/2021 12:51:30 PM   
BillRunacre

Yes, logistics does provide a minimum supply level to HQs, so that can be useful.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to ThunderLizard2)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Logistics and supply from captured ports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI