Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plane replacement???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Plane replacement??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 6:04:42 PM   
ScottyG

Crawled back to pearl with my cv's and have been there a lil while now after dukeing it out with jap cv force. My question is how do i replace my planes while docked at pearl, will they automatically replace themselves? the battle was for canton and some of my cv planes were sent to canton automatically when i lost the big E, can i load these planes and take them back to pearl and unload them so they replace themselves???
Post #: 1
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 6:09:32 PM   
Platoonist

How badly damaged are your carriers after these battles? Sometime you have to get carriers repaired to the point where their flight decks can even accept new planes.

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 2
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 6:11:26 PM   
geofflambert

You can. Another option that might make sense in the right circumstances would be to disband the fragments left behind so that the main unit can receive replacements the normal way. You might lose the aircraft but if you had to get ready fast for another battle that might be a good option. If the main portion of the squadron was lost with the CV it won't come back on its own. You would need to disband the fragments and then recall the squadron and build it back from scratch.

Currently fighting for the Emperor against AW1Steve. As of 8/21 it is 8/45.

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 3
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 6:13:34 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: ScottyG

Crawled back to pearl with my cv's and have been there a lil while now after dukeing it out with jap cv force. My question is how do i replace my planes while docked at pearl, will they automatically replace themselves? the battle was for canton and some of my cv planes were sent to canton automatically when i lost the big E, can i load these planes and take them back to pearl and unload them so they replace themselves???

Remember that pictures help.

If the Big E's air units are fragments, then that is all they ever will be and if you pay for the unit to come back, those fragments will try to join up.

There is a selection on the air unit page to have replacements on or off, you can also manually replace them by hitting the selection. You can usually add up to 4 reserve aircraft then add up to 12 replacements. If the reserves are needed to bring the air unit up to full strength, then they will do so. I am sure that most if not all of this is somewhere in the manual. The manual may also have pictures.

< Message edited by RangerJoe -- 6/26/2021 6:21:28 PM >

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 4
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 7:59:54 PM   
Leandros

Can you not fly them back?

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 5
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 11:15:38 PM   
ScottyG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Fred

I'm not sure what you mean? Fly them back to pearl? (planes in question are disbanded aircraft on canton) And planes on lexington all squadrons are depleted, so i was wondering to not only get the aircraft ON the lexington back up to full streght do i just leave them go and will they in time gain full strenght again? And concerning the aircraft that got bumped off of the enterprise that are now on canton island if i leave them there will they eventually gain full health again?

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 6
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 11:35:39 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Fred

I'm not sure what you mean? Fly them back to pearl? (planes in question are disbanded aircraft on canton) And planes on lexington all squadrons are depleted, so i was wondering to not only get the aircraft ON the lexington back up to full streght do i just leave them go and will they in time gain full strenght again? And concerning the aircraft that got bumped off of the enterprise that are now on canton island if i leave them there will they eventually gain full health again?

If you undock the carriers in a TF the aircraft can fly on. Replacement aircraft do that automatically so you don't have to tell them to, but air units need to be ordered there. The problem with flying them on is that they bring with them the current level of plane fatigue plus whatever they create fying on.

I lose too many aircraft flying on, so when in port I dock or disband the carriers and crane the aircraft on. This makes all of them disabled but they all get marked for a repair time of 1. Next turn, most of the aircraft are repaired with 0 fatigue. Another day or two and you have a refurbished squadron. The same can be done in reverse - dock/disband your carriers and crane the aircraft to the base airfield. They are disabled but repair to 0 fatigue very soon.

In port is a good place to review your aircraft pools and upgrade any carrier squadrons where there are enough aircraft to do so. If only obsolete aircraft seem to be in the pools, review your continental permanently restricted squadrons and downgrade any that have modern aircraft so that those can go to the carrier squadrons via the pools.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 7
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/26/2021 11:58:24 PM   
Leandros

quote:

Yes, back to Pearl. As BB has explained, as long as the planes are part of a unit they can go wherever you like them to - range permitting, that is. From Canton to Pearl, if they cannot provide drop tanks on the base fly via an enroute island (as an example, Palmyra). Squadrons are not tied to a specific ship. If your carrier is sunk they can fly from another carrier, or a land base. If there is no avgas on Canton (too little supplies if you have yellow or red exclamation mark) you can load them on a transport for Pearl passing by. Harbour your squadrons and if not on an active station pull in some extra pilots and fly 100 % training - all the time! Set range at 0. In due time reinforcements shall arrive provided the station covers the parameters (read the manual on the procedures for that - size, supplies, etc.).

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 8
RE: Plane replacement??? - 6/27/2021 1:53:07 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

quote:

Fred

The fragments will always remain fragments.

The parent squadrons will never be able to regain full strength until the fragments are merged or disbanded as alluded to above if you are desperate to regain full strength quickly.

Another alternative is to send an Air Transport TF to Canton to pick up the fragments and bring them back to Pearl.

If any of the carriers are operational you could also clear the flight decks of one of all but one squadron of fighters for CAP cover and send it to pick up the fragments.

You might also try transferring the fragments to Christmas Island, then to Palmyra, then to Hilo and then to Pearl if you control all of those locations and the planes can make those transfer distances.

There are lots and lots of options.

Hans

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Plane replacement??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI