Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

custom graphics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> custom graphics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
custom graphics - 6/26/2021 4:37:32 PM   
lion_of_judah

if I make a flag and paste it into a copy of the flags png file, as well as a roundel, do I put this into the "custom graphics" folder in a folder with the scenario name on it or where. How do I get the scenario to show the new flag and roundel i just made for this...Thanks

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 6/26/2021 4:38:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: custom graphics - 6/26/2021 4:39:11 PM   
Lobster

If you paste it into the generic graphics you should be able to leave it in the Graphics folder. But it will appear in all scenarios that use that flag. To make it appear in only the scenario that will use it you need to use the Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV/Graphics Override/<scenario name> folder.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 6/26/2021 4:41:35 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Wearing blinders and earplugs everything you do is correct.

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 2
RE: custom graphics - 6/26/2021 4:53:09 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

if I make a flag and paste it into a copy of the flags png file, as well as a roundel, do I put this into the "custom graphics" folder in a folder with the scenario name on it or where. How do I get the scenario to show the new flag and roundel i just made for this...Thanks

How do you make a roundel?

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Post #: 3
RE: custom graphics - 6/26/2021 6:34:26 PM   
lion_of_judah

A roundel is a circular disc used as a symbol. The term is used in heraldry, but also commonly used to refer to a type of national insignia used on military aircraft, generally circular in shape and usually comprising concentric rings of different colors. Other symbols also often use round shapes.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 4
RE: custom graphics - 6/26/2021 6:35:50 PM   
lion_of_judah

do i need to name the flag and roundel graphics the same as the scenario as well

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 5
RE: custom graphics - 6/26/2021 7:25:06 PM   
Lobster

Mind you I've never played with the flag graphics. But I imagine it's no different than the counter icon graphics. The whole thing has to go in the Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV/Graphics Override/<scenario name> even if just one is changed. The program picks out the flag based on the one you pick so there's no way to do that without the complete flag.png or roundels.png graphic. And isn't there a separate one for each size, huge to small? If yes then all of them should be changed and put into the Graphics Override folder.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Post #: 6
RE: custom graphics - 6/26/2021 8:59:28 PM   
sPzAbt653

If you want to use a Graphic for one scenario, put it in its' own Folder in a Scenario Specific Graphics Folder in the Graphics Override Folder.

If you want to use a Graphic for every scenario, put it in the Graphics Override Folder, as seen below.

I replaced the 'rondels' with normal square flags.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: custom graphics - 6/26/2021 9:16:28 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

A roundel is a circular disc used as a symbol. The term is used in heraldry, but also commonly used to refer to a type of national insignia used on military aircraft, generally circular in shape and usually comprising concentric rings of different colors. Other symbols also often use round shapes.

I didn't ask what it was, but how to make one.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Post #: 8
RE: custom graphics - 6/27/2021 4:00:49 AM   
lion_of_judah

thanks, I got it to finally work.

Post #: 9
RE: custom graphics - 6/27/2021 4:02:14 AM   
lion_of_judah

I have no idea!

Post #: 10
RE: custom graphics - 6/27/2021 4:41:03 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

I have no idea!

Then what was this about in your first post:

quote:

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Post #: 11
RE: custom graphics - 6/27/2021 11:56:23 AM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

Here is h_FlagRoundels.png with one being used from the Operation Narva scenario overlaid by me so readers can see how they are used. There are several empty ones so you can make any design you want using your favorite graphics program.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12
RE: custom graphics - 6/27/2021 2:36:39 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

quote:

quote:

Here is h_FlagRoundels.png with one being used from the Operation Narva scenario overlaid by me so readers can see how they are used. There are several empty ones so you can make any design you want using your favorite graphics program.

I kniow how they are used. I thought someone had successfully made one, based upon his post. That seems to have been in error.

Still waiting for someone who's figured it out and is willing to enlighten me.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 13
RE: custom graphics - 6/27/2021 3:24:42 PM   
rhinobones

quote:

I kniow how they are used. I thought someone had successfully made one, based upon his post. That seems to have been in error.

Still waiting for someone who's figured it out and is willing to enlighten me.

Someone has drawn a new roundel . . . the swastika as I recall. Might take a bit of looking, but the thread should still be on the forum.
As for actually creating the roundel, my guess is that there is a graphics application that reformats a “normal” rectangular flag into a fish-eye roundel.

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> custom graphics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI