Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Germany and Besting Russia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Germany and Besting Russia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Germany and Besting Russia - 6/25/2021 7:44:02 PM   
ReinerAllen

My friend, who I've played about a half dozen multiplayer games with (he usually plays Germany) has become rather frustrated. We are in the middle of the Barbarossa campaign (summer of 1943) and his tanks are being clobbered, even when upgraded to level 3.

Is there any literature that would guide him through a more successful Russian Campaign?
Post #: 1
RE: Germany and Besting Russia - 6/26/2021 3:07:09 PM   
Markiss

The Strategy Guide just below the Game Manual buttons on the main screen when you open WiE has lots of helpful tips. You can also try reading through some of the after-action reports.

It is hard to know what to suggest without seeing what he is doing. You say it is summer 43, which victory cities(Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad) has he taken by now, if any? If none, I would guess that he is not focusing his forces enough. You need to keep up the pressure all along the front, but the best Axis players will focus most of their aircraft and tanks on one objective at a time, ensuring its fall. If you divide your forces evenly and attack all 3 cities at once, your forces may be too divided to take any of them. You get bogged down, the WAllies invade, and its all over.

The other thing that will stall the Axis in the East is poor supply management. Keep your HQ's in cities so they generate maximum supply. German tanks are very powerful, but at 50% readiness, they are only half as good. Learn the HQ chaining rules, how one HQ can supply another. You will be surprised how much more effective your units are when in good supply.

Just some basic suggestions. The best way to learn how to play Axis is to play a good Axis player. This will also give you a chance to see things from the other side, the vulnerabilities of the Soviets become much clearer when you are playing them.

Your friend may need to manage his techs a little better as well. You mention that in summer 43 he is at advanced tanks 3, he should probably be at AT 4 by that time. That is a critical tech for the Germans, they cannot afford to neglect it. The superiority of their tanks is one of the Germans main advantages, if they lose it, the offensives will stall.

Good luck.

Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..

(in reply to ReinerAllen)
Post #: 2
RE: Germany and Besting Russia - 6/26/2021 3:42:34 PM   
ReinerAllen

Thanks.

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 3
RE: Germany and Besting Russia - 7/7/2021 2:19:01 PM   
klschult

" We are in the middle of the Barbarossa campaign (summer of 1943) and his tanks are being clobbered, even when upgraded to level 3."

Hard to tell without more information but my bet is he's not paying attention to morale, readiness and supply. After rebuilding, you have to give them a rest off the line to rebuild morale and readiness.

(in reply to ReinerAllen)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Germany and Besting Russia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI