Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Apple TV's "For All Mankind" has reignited my interest in space travel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Apple TV's "For All Mankind" has reignited my interest in space travel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Apple TV's "For All Mankind" has reignited my... - 6/23/2021 4:06:03 AM   
CdrShep2183

I was usually only interested in sci fi like "BSG" and "The Expanse" but a year ago I decide to check out Apple TV's "For All Mankind" out of boredom and curiosity. I quit after the 2nd episode but decided to give it another chance and the story got moving once it got to the training of the woman astronauts.

For All Mankind has done something other shows set in space have not managed to do. Reignite my interest in the history of spaceflight and space exploration.

After finishing the 1st season I immediately checked out movies like "First Man", "Apollo 13", "The Right Stuff", "Hidden Figures", "The Martian", "Gravity", "Salyut 7", and "Interstellar". I also watched HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon" and the Discovery Channel's "When We Left Earth The NASA Missions". I even enjoyed an obscure anime called "Planetes".

I also finally picked up Buzz Aldrin's "Space Program Manager" and had loads of fun. I am just starting to master Kerbal Space Program.

I wish I never lost interest in real spaceflight and space exploration.

Does anyone remember Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager? I really loved the music of that game! It really added to the atmosphere!

< Message edited by CdrShep2183 -- 6/23/2021 4:07:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Apple TV's "For All Mankind" has reignite... - 6/23/2021 9:41:19 AM   
rommel222

Greetings CdrShep2183,
For All Mankind is a great space exploration series and glad that it got you into Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (BASPM).
I teach a college course on the history of space exploration with a lab that uses BASPM missions to reach the moon as both US & USSR.
I was in high school when Apollo 11 landed on the moon and watched the live tv coverage as Neil Armstrong stepped down the ladder onto the moon's surface.

Be sure to checkout the Matrixgames forum for BASPM (select display all topics)
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3934776

Kerbal Space Program is fun too.

(in reply to CdrShep2183)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Apple TV's "For All Mankind" has reignited my interest in space travel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI