Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Militia replacements after high civilization

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Militia replacements after high civilization Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Militia replacements after high civilization - 6/22/2021 9:46:11 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

I just figured out it is possible to replace militia losses after civilization score is high and you stop receiving organic replacements and reinforcements

the trick is to move the militia unit to the capital, then raise the missing units (it had to match: infantry for infantry, tanks for tanks, bikes for bikes), keep at least 3 other units in the SHQ

then transfer troops from SHQ to the militia unit

This way I was able to replenish all my militia units (6 battalions). This is now a relatively strong force for guarding rear areas; moreover, 3 of them are motorized; which means I can rapidly redeploy

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 6/22/2021 10:57:14 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Militia replacements after high civilization - 6/23/2021 10:53:22 AM   
Clandestine

Too bad I wasted all my militia when I noticed they wouldn't replenish anymore.

But I'm not sure if I get how you do it. By "raising the missing units" do you mean as independent battalions?
And where do you get the option to transfer from SHQ to militia? I remember looking frantically for this option.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 2
RE: Militia replacements after high civilization - 6/23/2021 12:24:05 PM   
BlueTemplar

The SHQ Replace Troops and the Transfer commands on the Orders Bar.

Huh, I knew you could do this for GR units, but I thought that you couldn't do it for militia, because the models had to match exactly ?

(Considering how one zone cannot auto-reinforce the militia of another ?)

This really seems like an exploit, considering that militia gets their used supplies re-created in their zone for free, militia artillery doesn't get movement penalties (though maybe this is per-model ?), and probably other bonuses ?

OTOH, they still don't get OHQ and Posture bonuses, so maybe not...

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 6/23/2021 12:25:56 PM >

(in reply to Clandestine)
Post #: 3
RE: Militia replacements after high civilization - 6/23/2021 7:56:27 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

I don't know if it is an exploit, I mean you still have to raise them; they are not for free (only their maintenance is free); and as you mention, they don't get postures or OHQ bonuses,

and artillery will penalize movement (same as with regular troops); so that is one I don't like to replace, unless we are talking motorized battalions

They won't become the next wunderwaffe, but can help defending rear areas against free folk

another benefit is it will clean the SHQ report on reinforcement needed (before this was unusable because it was showing all these units requiring replacements that you couldn't supply)

Also, once you move your troops to a militia unit, you are no longer controlling it; you can't upgrade it

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 6/23/2021 8:02:26 PM >

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 4
RE: Militia replacements after high civilization - 6/23/2021 11:21:46 PM   
BlueTemplar

Oh, wait, do they even get non-motorized artillery ?

Ah, yes, that "nagging" SHQ logistics report !

Hmm, but I guess that you can still move them to another compatible non-militia unit, upgrade/replace them, then move them back in the militia ?

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 5
RE: Militia replacements after high civilization - 6/24/2021 11:13:21 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

yes, it should be possible, as long as there are at least 3 units left.

Post #: 6
RE: Militia replacements after high civilization - 10/20/2021 4:30:11 PM   
Khanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

Oh, wait, do they even get non-motorized artillery ?

Ah, yes, that "nagging" SHQ logistics report !

Hmm, but I guess that you can still move them to another compatible non-militia unit, upgrade/replace them, then move them back in the militia ?

The idea of replenishing lost militia troops is great. You can manually replace them whenever (not only in capital) by orders of transferring troops on the same hex. So if you have motorized inf bat you can transfer regular troops to motorized militia. But when troops are transferred to militia - they became militia. You can't upgrade them ot re-transfer to regular units. But you CAN transfer them back to SHQ if on the same hex is SHQ (and from SHQ to regular units).

So it works as one way ticket although you can get strong militia units this way (from the beginning of the game, you do not need to wait for vanishing militancy level).

GR troops are battlegroups without distinct TOE. You can create such battlegroups for ALL other non militia units in transfer units menu for 2 PP. Up to 24 units can be in of all classes. No TOE so no automatic replacements.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Militia replacements after high civilization Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI