Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Mission Creation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Mission Creation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Mission Creation - 6/20/2021 1:14:25 PM   
1nutworld

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to establish a series of 3 missions where I have SEAD AC taking off from a base and transiting to assigned stations (multiple), and once they are there they patrol under EMCON and at "X" time they begin Jamming radar and executing strikes on radiating targets to clear way for subsequent cruise missile/bomber attacks.

I'm trying to stagger the initial AC launch time so they arrive on station at approximately the same time, prior to engaging their jammers.

My question is this, I know that you can schedule missions to start at specific times, but those start times don't necessarily take into account travel time to get to mission start point, so how can this be done?

Maybe this is related to my previous question about Time on Target planning, that I've gotten the Excel spreadsheets to work with, or maybe I am confused about these types of missions and the planning. Either is possible.

Thanks for any help and questions/statements to help me work these things out.

Scott

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Mission Creation - 6/20/2021 2:11:44 PM   
Gunner98

Hi Scott

I would just crank up a spreadsheet and do some time/distance/speed calculations.

It may take a bit of trial & error but it works

Another way of doing what you want is to put all the SEAD AC into a marshaling mission (just a support mission adjusted for the purpose) and then at the correct time transfer them all to their assigned sEAD missions

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Mission Creation - 6/21/2021 12:03:55 PM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

Hi Scott

I would just crank up a spreadsheet and do some time/distance/speed calculations.

It may take a bit of trial & error but it works

Another way of doing what you want is to put all the SEAD AC into a marshaling mission (just a support mission adjusted for the purpose) and then at the correct time transfer them all to their assigned sEAD missions

B

Bart,
I love getting replies from the experts and these forums really are the best, between knowledge of the community and the developers, the questions that get asked almost ALWAYS get answered one way or another.

Thanks for the suggestion and guess I have some homework to accomplish, huh?

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Mission Creation - 6/22/2021 12:50:19 AM   
SeaQueen

quote:

It's not so bad.

Distance = Rate x Time is bread and butter for Command. Generally speaking, I try to figure out who will take the most amount of time to get to their target / station. That tells me who I need to take off first. The remaining aircraft just need to have their takeoff (i.e. mission start) times adjusted by the difference for between their time of flight and the longest to get there.

One hangup that you might encounter is if lots of stuff is taking off in close proximity, things can get bottlenecked on the runway. If that's the case, just "spin" the aircraft that's too far ahead of the rest by flying him around in a circle. That will help you adjust the timing as you're playing.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Mission Creation - 6/24/2021 2:38:10 PM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

quote:

It's not so bad.

Distance = Rate x Time is bread and butter for Command. Generally speaking, I try to figure out who will take the most amount of time to get to their target / station. That tells me who I need to take off first. The remaining aircraft just need to have their takeoff (i.e. mission start) times adjusted by the difference for between their time of flight and the longest to get there.

One hangup that you might encounter is if lots of stuff is taking off in close proximity, things can get bottlenecked on the runway. If that's the case, just "spin" the aircraft that's too far ahead of the rest by flying him around in a circle. That will help you adjust the timing as you're playing.

Thanks SeaQueen!

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario Mission Creation - 7/3/2021 2:18:38 AM   
MAJORHIGH

I believe you can also adjust their path to the AO. Those that take off earlier could make a longer approach so that everyone arrives on time. It's a bit more difficult to do it this way, but could be a solution if nothing else works.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Mission Creation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI