Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian defense and surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room >> Italian defense and surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian defense and surrender - 6/16/2021 9:33:36 PM   
DavidDailey

1.Does the loss of Italian East Africa and especially North Africa put the Italians at grave risk of surrender. In other words is it worth fighting in the desert wastes of Libya to keep Italy alive? 2. If North Africa is lost will a mere landing in Sicily trigger a potential Italian surrender as it did historically? 3. North Africa and Sicily are tough to defend. Will concentrating forces on the mainland boot and fortifying keep Italy from surrender, at least until Rome is captured? 4. Does the sinking of Italian naval units hasten Italian surrender?
Post #: 1
RE: Italian defense and surrender - 6/16/2021 10:08:56 PM   
Marcinos1985

1. That's a lot to elaborate, some people fight in NA as Axis, some evacuate from there at once. The proper question is - should Germans be sent there.
2. No, it's not enough. Apart from taking NA and IEA, you need to sink most of RM, land in Albania, take Palermo and Syracuse and only then ITA NM will be around 20%. Depends if they got some premium before, for sinking French ships etc. I don't remember now if ITA bleeds NM turn by turn when Allies occupy Sicily.
3. Check point 2. If allies then take another NM city, esp Naples, then ITA will be on ropes and those surrender/GER control events fire. Ofc taking Rome will kick them out of war even faster, but maybe GER can still assume control. Is it easy to defend mainland Italy? With some Germans it's probably doable, unless Allies really swarm you with AVL and will launch invasions along whole coastline. Italians alone are toast.
4. It does, and quite a lot actually. ITA NM is really fragile.

(in reply to DavidDailey)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room >> Italian defense and surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI