Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for units and airfield surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> 2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for units and airfield surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for units ... - 6/10/2021 6:54:28 PM   
hpalmer

1. The manual states that it is possible to change the TOE for air units, but I cannot figure out anywhere to do this. I am running huge surpluses of aircraft but cant resize air units to incorporate hundreds of bombers and fighters sitting around as the axis.

2. When I capture airfields in spoiling attacks with no intention of holding them, it appears as though they are then reinforced with ground personnel etc in the logistics phase, but I don't intend to hang on to these airfields and don't want to give away troops. I cant find anywhere in the manual where it addresses what happens to airfield troops, ie luftwaffe ground personnel, since I cant seem to either destroy airfields or prevent their notional reinforcement. Are airfields devoid of air units staffed in any way, or just ones that I base aircraft at?
Post #: 1
RE: 2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for un... - 6/10/2021 7:26:52 PM   
loki100

1 - no it doesn't

2 - support squads etc get allocated to airbases when you allocate air groups

attached elements in captured locations (depots, towns and airbases) are covered in 21.5.3 but mostly (unless the location is isolated) they simply move away.

yes, allocating planes triggers allocation of support elements, if the airbase is near to a depot this can be automatic in-turn, if not it might take one (sometimes more) logistiics phase for the airbase to come into full use

you can't destroy airbases

(in reply to hpalmer)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for un... - 6/11/2021 2:09:25 PM   
hpalmer

can I disable sudden victory? the threshold feels too low, If I take one more city I auto win within 6-8 turns depending on timing and I really want to play the game for a long time. I have taken Leningrad, Kursk, Kharkov, Rostov, Maipul etc and am dug in 60 miles from moscow, which I could have likely taken in 1941, but didn't so the game could continue... If auto victory could be disabled I could have dug in on better defensive lines, that being said the other issue I am having is supply of course, but it does seem sort of nuts I can only get 25% of needed freight to the front despite having almost completely repaired rail nets and my troops dug in immediately in front of depots with multiple rail loops, integrated ports linked to rail etc... Pretty amazed at how much rail I got repaired, and I even removed all motorized and panzer divisions to axis reserve for the winter to reduce supply drain on the front, just have infantry dug into level 2 and 3 forts...

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for un... - 6/11/2021 3:28:31 PM   
carlkay58

We are currently testing a 41 Campaign with no sudden victory/defeats.

(in reply to hpalmer)
Post #: 4
RE: 2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for un... - 6/11/2021 5:23:15 PM   
hpalmer

Sweet. Excited to see. This game is far too addictive, as are all the GG games... do you provide proxy parenting for my young children who are being neglected due to my need to expand the reich?

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> 2 questions about the air war - changing TOE for units and airfield surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI