Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modifying spotting limits to simulate artillery balloons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> Modifying spotting limits to simulate artillery balloons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modifying spotting limits to simulate artillery balloons - 6/4/2021 3:40:28 PM   
mdsmall

Hi - I can see in the Editor that you can change the land and naval spotting ranges of units, which is very useful. However there are two other spotting effects I would like to try modifying, if the game engine allows it.

The first is the limitation on land that prevents spotting across trench lines or through forest hexes. I would like to try giving certain units the ability to "see over" those spotting barriers without moving. Is this mod-able?

The second is the ability of recon bombers to recon a specific hex which then enables artillery to fire with a 50% increased effect. Is it possible to give other air units the same recon ability to increase friendly artillery effectiveness? Is it possible to modify the benefit that artillery receives from firing on a hex that he been reconned in this way?

I am asking both questions because I have been thinking about trying to simulate stationary balloons that could see over enemy trench lines in order to spot for artillery. They were a significant feature later in the war. They combine artillery and spotting effects in interesting ways, as well as making for important targets for enemy fighter attacks and valuable units worth defending with friendly AA guns.

Thanks,

Michael
Post #: 1
RE: Modifying spotting limits to simulate artillery bal... - 6/6/2021 10:11:28 AM   
BillRunacre

These are both hard coded Michael, so really only getting air units to fly missions is the way to replicate spotting for the artillery.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> Modifying spotting limits to simulate artillery balloons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI