A/B toe question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Chris21wen

A/B toe question

Post by Chris21wen »

Just from the map or a pop up is there anyway of identifing A/B with no TOE (or the other way round).

In the pic the the highlight has 60% TOE while the base with 46 a/c has none.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (26.77 KiB) Viewed 173 times
cfulbright

RE: A/B toe question

Post by cfulbright »

I don't understand your question.

Cary
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I want to know if you can tell by looking at the map, or through the a/b pop up, the TOE strength of an a/b. Everthing I've read so on a/b is you should set 100% TOE before moving a/c onto it but you cannot see it with going into the airbase.
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

Ahhh! I don't think there's a way to do that without either clicking on the airbase or looking in the Commander's Report.

Cary
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

I want to know if you can tell by looking at the map, or through the a/b pop up, the TOE strength of an a/b. Everthing I've read so on a/b is you should set 100% TOE before moving a/c onto it but you cannot see it with going into the airbase.

you can just set to auto, the game is actually designed around that.

with this the TOE flexes to meet the local need, so if you remove the aircraft it goes back to 0, assign aircraft and it goes up.

The only time you really need to fuss with this is if you want to base your planes in a supply poor region, then setting the TOEM value acts as a sort of over-ride
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: loki100

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

you can just set to auto, the game is actually designed around that.

with this the TOE flexes to meet the local need, so if you remove the aircraft it goes back to 0, assign aircraft and it goes up.

The only time you really need to fuss with this is if you want to base your planes in a supply poor region, then setting the TOEM value acts as a sort of over-ride

Yes I know the auto bit. What I didn't say was I transferred the a/c at Kortrijk set to auto with 60% toe to the other set to auto with 0% toe. The new base has nothing at the moment of transfer and any a/c based on it are unavailable for ops due to lack of fuel. Setting the toe manually the turn prior to the transfer overcomes this. So, although auto toe works well it does have it's flaws.

Being able to somehow see the toe setting on map (or pop) would help.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”