Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in my rear.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in my rear. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in my rear. - 6/3/2021 11:12:01 PM   
Treefrog

Italian defection caused Orel to become ungarrisoned so presumably a partisan rose up there. However before the German turn, Kaluga, Konotop, Bryansk, Ryzhsk and Kaluga all became soviet with a large, connected territory.

How did that happen.

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."
Post #: 1
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/4/2021 5:07:54 AM   
ForzaA

Major nations occupy land for themselves, presumably that particular area was occupied by the Italians during your offensive (and thus reverted to Soviet control when the Italians gave up)
It's subtly visible when you have "national colours" switched on.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 2
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/4/2021 11:20:35 AM   
Treefrog

The Italians only occupied Orel. The other were either German garrisoned or were not "partisan" prone.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 3
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/4/2021 11:22:03 AM   
Illiniwek80

Related- In my current game, Japan surrendered to the US. Three years later, the US surrendered to Germany. Japan suddenly resurrected itself from the dead and is rebuilding its army prepping for an invasion of Australia.

(in reply to ForzaA)
Post #: 4
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/4/2021 2:15:19 PM   
Treefrog

Unforeseen events like these make it a good thing we don't play these games for money.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 5
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/4/2021 2:25:16 PM   
ForzaA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

The Italians only occupied Orel. The other were either German garrisoned or were not "partisan" prone.

"whose unit is currently in the hex" and "who controls the hex" are not necessarily the same thing.

If you want to see it in action, fire up the '42 scenario (as Axis)
Mouse over hex 125,41 (NW of Kharkov) - it'll list "USSR Occupied-> Germany"
Now take the Italian XXXV corps (NE of Dnepropetrovsk in hex 125,43) - march it to 125,41 and then say 123, 40
Mouse over 125,41 and now see it occupied by Italy.

BONUS: After this, take List HQ, in hex 125,42 and move it straight to 123,41 - And notice that hex 125,42 is occupied by Italy, despite Germany being the last country to have had a unit there.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 6
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/5/2021 1:19:34 PM   
wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Illiniwek80

Related- In my current game, Japan surrendered to the US. Three years later, the US surrendered to Germany. Japan suddenly resurrected itself from the dead and is rebuilding its army prepping for an invasion of Australia.

I always disable the end date for my my games and some stretch on for years and years. I like it like that. Out of interest, what year are you up to? I am currently playing as Germany and have reached 1947 - no war with Russia yet but that is about to change....

(in reply to Illiniwek80)
Post #: 7
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/5/2021 3:11:36 PM   
Illiniwek80

1947; Game just ended after China surrendered. Would have ended earlier but China was resurrected by Partisans after having surrendered in 1946. Biggest problem was UK moved their capital about 6 times; thought that was never going to stop.

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 8
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/5/2021 4:10:30 PM   
Alcibiades73

quote:

1947; Game just ended after China surrendered. Would have ended earlier but China was resurrected by Partisans after having surrendered in 1946. Biggest problem was UK moved their capital about 6 times; thought that was never going to stop.

I thought the game stops in 1946? It's 1947 instead?! At what month in 1947 does it stop?

(in reply to Illiniwek80)
Post #: 9
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/5/2021 4:39:21 PM   
Bo Rearguard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alcibiades73

quote:

I thought the game stops in 1946? It's 1947 instead?! At what month in 1947 does it stop?

The game calendar read May 30th, 1947 when I achieved an Axis Decisive Victory. But there may have been some months left to play.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864

(in reply to Alcibiades73)
Post #: 10
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/5/2021 6:17:03 PM   
Alcibiades73

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bo Rearguard

The game calendar read May 30th, 1947 when I achieved an Axis Decisive Victory. But there may have been some months left to play.

Got it; thanks. I guess the game is intended to go around two years before the actual expiration of WWII. So I have to devise a strategy with a longer horizon in mind than I have been assuming. Good to know!

(in reply to Bo Rearguard)
Post #: 11
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/6/2021 10:56:30 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

A couple of weeks ago, I (Allies) finished an epic MP match against Tanaka (Axis) in March 1947, for an incredible 188 turns done. I tried to make it to May 1947 by denying him Canberra,Australia and an Axis Decisive Victory, but alas, my valiant Aussies just could quite do it.

With this match going as long as it did, we fought over real estate in some of the most out of the way, but suddenly strategic, locales. Mid and Late Game always shows interesting things, especially when both sides are heavily researched well, and can reach out globally to try to get an upper hand on each other.

(in reply to Alcibiades73)
Post #: 12
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/6/2021 2:49:27 PM   
wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bo Rearguard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alcibiades73

quote:

Did you disable the game end date or stick with the default scenario settings?

(in reply to Bo Rearguard)
Post #: 13
RE: How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in m... - 6/6/2021 6:57:40 PM   
Bo Rearguard

quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts

Did you disable the game end date or stick with the default scenario settings?

No. Just the default scenario settings. I haven't tried mucking about with that part of the editor yet.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> How did the Soviets form a new 6 city republic in my rear. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI