Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Board Game Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Mods >> Board Game Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Board Game Mod - 6/3/2021 10:14:23 PM   
Cabido

Since my original thread is gone, I'll just post a new link to my mod here. The image corresponds to an old version, but it is the only one I have available at the moment. Little was changed.

I allow anyone to use any of it's elements, be it for new mods or even for commercial use. I renounce any rights to this mod. I must just notice that the cropland terrain was based on another boardgame with slight modifications, so I can't really claim to have created it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lbpdh7w6S3BaAO-9ZV9b3SRa-KYdM7vb/view?usp=sharing

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cabido -- 6/4/2021 9:32:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Board Game Mod - 6/4/2021 10:39:37 AM   
secadegas

Welcome back!

(in reply to Cabido)
Post #: 2
RE: Board Game Mod - 6/4/2021 12:55:34 PM   
Zovs

Here are some views of my version of what I consider board war game modifications. I use custom font's and colors, I also created some custom artwork and colors and I use some of a fellows mod I can't recall his name at the moment.

Some of these screen shots are from some of my mods to existing scenarios (mainly color modification to the counters themselves) and some of them are scenarios I have reselected and enhanced to be more compatible with TOAW 4 and enhanced the graphics of the counters.

So essentially I am using 2D counter mods + my custom counter icons for siege, border guards, heavy panzer and assault guns + that other fellows mods for the terrain + the blue UI + custom font settings and colors.

So here is what I mean.

This is Bob Cross's (aka Curis Lemay) Cobra modified counter colors only but using my 2D counters and map mods:

This is Bobs CFNA (I modifed all of the counters for all of these):

These next two screenshots are from a "lost and found" scenairo that I have revised to use some of the features of TOAW 4 and recolored the counters:

North:

South:

So far I have 20 color counters only mods and 32 where I have modified both the original scenario, added a custom counter file and enhanced the scenario to TOAW 4 standards.

I was going to post these last December, but still have not done so, doing most tests now with a few PBEM going on.

I also have my massive SPI's War in Europe that I have been working on for over a decade. Final play testing's with that one still on going.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to secadegas)
Post #: 3
RE: Board Game Mod - 6/4/2021 9:33:21 PM   
Cabido

quote:

ORIGINAL: secadegas

Welcome back!

Thanks man.

(in reply to secadegas)
Post #: 4
RE: Board Game Mod - 6/4/2021 9:38:19 PM   
Cabido

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Here are some views of my version of what I consider board war game modifications. I use custom font's and colors, I also created some custom artwork and colors and I use some of a fellows mod I can't recall his name at the moment.

Some of these screen shots are from some of my mods to existing scenarios (mainly color modification to the counters themselves) and some of them are scenarios I have reselected and enhanced to be more compatible with TOAW 4 and enhanced the graphics of the counters.

So essentially I am using 2D counter mods + my custom counter icons for siege, border guards, heavy panzer and assault guns + that other fellows mods for the terrain + the blue UI + custom font settings and colors.

Great work. I like the cropland graphics very much. Also, the flat counters fit boardgame styles well.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Mods >> Board Game Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI